Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Intro and a question!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 155 Total Views

I'm Christa :) I just had my sweet baby boy Greyson last Saturday, the 28th of April.  He was due tomorrow, May 5th.  Everything is great with him, and he checked out perfectly at his first doctor appointment.  My question I had is about his feeding. Everytime I feed him, he seems to get congested..like I can hear stuff rattling around in there.  But about 15-20 minutes after he's done eating..he's fine.  Is that normal? I feel overwhelmed by every single thing that happens and am worrying myself over it :(

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sikkr
by Krystall on May. 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Are you nursing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cb72311
by New Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM

No, bottle feeding

Quoting sikkr:

Are you nursing

arj767s
by Ashley on May. 5, 2012 at 7:45 AM
I always thought my son was congested. I was told its normal because they aren't used to our air. That being said, it wasn't only after feeding, but my air could be different than yours. If you're concerned it doesn't hurt to ask. It's possible that your LO is expending a lot of energy while eating causing it to be more noticeable after eating. Idk, but doctors are used to new moms asking a lot of questions. They don't mind at all. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arj767s
by Ashley on May. 5, 2012 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh! And welcome to the group and congrats on your LO! We're very friendly, so ask as many questions as you'd like!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on May. 6, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Welcome to the group and congratulations!

I don't remember my daughter getting congested during/around eating time, but she did breath more heavily, as though she was just working SO hard! That would be my guess for your little guy. But I agree that if you're concerned, give the doctor a call, that's what they're there for!

Ludvik_Smith
by Jessica on May. 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Welcome to the group and congrats on your son!

Here's a bump for ya! 

mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I had the same problem, but it's normal. Babies still have a little bit of fluids left in their system and are still trying to get it out and it's totally normal. MY doctor said that babies sound like they are congested most of their 1st year. Up to 3 months fluid still in their system, at 6 months-12 months they are teething and can become congested. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement