Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help with first fathers day! PIOG

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 227 Total Views

I need help on what to get my BF for fathers day from my 4 month old dd and I. I want it to be something personal (maybe engraved?) but he already has a watch and a necklace so Idk really what else to get an 18 year old guy! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ConnorMom228
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, for df's first Fathers day I made a collage of his favorite photos using photobucket and ordered it in a nice frame. He didn't need anything material. And its more a day about the relationship between the parent and child.

I like getting gifts, but really, I'm completely over the "holidays" where you are made to feel obligated to buy someone something.

I say, make it personal. Nothing flashy or fancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on May. 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM

money clip , mug, 

look that the things remembered store website :) they have tones of stuff 

ele2837
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM
I made my husband a photo book with pictures of the two of them for his first fathers day.
Baby8901
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I'm lost on what to get Df, too lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on May. 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I honestly don't remember what I got my DH for his first Father's Day, but last year, I did a Mommy & Me photoshoot and got him a cool leather photo album and put those pictures in it. He loved it!

Ludvik_Smith
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I just bought a nice frame and put a pic of our daughter in for him. I edited the pic so it said "I ♥ Daddy". After all, that's what it's about, right? 

christineT79
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Try Shutterfly.com & make him somthing personalized with pics. They probly have some father's day ideas.

cutestmom24
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I can't rember what I got hubby for his frist fathers day.but this yr I'm making him a hand print of bella,and a few shirts and also a fathers day card.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaLeYsMoMmY2011
by New Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Last year for my SO's first Fathers Day, I took him out to eat at his favorite restaurant, took him bowling, and had our dd's feet prints and handprints on a shirt for him. He loved it!

Skyeannalorain
by Rebecca.Day on May. 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Here's a cute idea, I remember doing this one father's day for my dad. Get some safe paint and some construction paper from the craft-store. Then put on the paper Happy 1st father's day, make sure you add the date and how old your little one was for the event. Then you put your 4 month old's hands in the paint and make hand prints and foot prints on the paper, you could even make it into a giant card for it. That way it's personal, cute and a good memory for him, forget material items that's straight from the hands and feet lol also the heart!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN