Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Have you had?

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 253 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Have you had one of those days that you have absolutly no idea what to do!? Well I have had many of those but today's just topped it off! It's funny now, but at the time I was clueless, grossed out, wanted to scream my head off all the while as my DF is gagging in the background!! Here it goes, my son is swinging in his swing trying to get him to take a nap. I smell something. I went and said, did you poop yourself? (Not knowing what I might find!) My son just smiled! I picked him up and took him to his room to change him. It's a good thing I didn't hold him like I normally do or I would have been sorry. As I was getting ready to lay him down I noticed his back was wet along with his shorts, then came a small turd rolling down his leg! There was poop EVERYWHERE!!!!! I didn't know where to begin to clean him. It just kept coming! lol I would have cut him out of his clothes but they were BRAND NEW clothes! Ugh. What to do what to do? As I cleaned him up my pussy of a DF is gagging in the living room. The same guy who guts a deer but can't handle a poopy diaper! Men! Anyways, I wrap him up in a towel to give him a bath and layed him in the bathroom floor to throw his clothes, the swing cover and changing table thingy in the washer. Back to my son who was rolling around in the bathroom floor naked, I get his bath going, pick him and noticed a wet spot on the rug, yup he peed, on my new rug! That's how my afternoon has been! Wonderful and now I sit here in silence, son is napping and DF off to work, and just laugh about it all, knowing this day I will remember forever! And just maybe embrass my son about it one day! 

by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on May. 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM
We had a day like that but my son was in his car seat lol it was a bad blow out and when we put him in the tub to clean him up he poop some more :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ludvik_Smith
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Oh yeah, been there, done that! And my DH gags, too. Really sucks that I have to deal with poop and puke all by myself!

625Patty
by Patty on May. 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Yep same here

Quoting Ludvik_Smith:

Oh yeah, been there, done that! And my DH gags, too. Really sucks that I have to deal with poop and puke all by myself!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on May. 16, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

lol my sister in law was at the post office once (her son had been constipated for a few days and she had fed him a bunch of prune juice that morning) well she'd been waiting in line a good 20 minutes and was finally to the front of the line when low and behold he finally poops....and everywhere lol.  It was running down her shirt and pants, but she didn't want to wait in line again so she stayed in line.  When she got to the counter the lady was like "you know you have poop all over you? are you going to take care of that?" and my sil was like "like hell I'm waiting in that line again, i'll clean us both up when were done" lol it was hillarious when she told me about it!

arj767s
by Ashley on May. 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM

OMG LOL!!!!  I think that happens to us all!  For us, it was when DS was really little.  I was getting his infant tub filled up with water (it was next to the sink).  Meanwhile, I'm holding my naked 4 month old.  I hear this splat on the floor and figure he peed, but I look and and he pooped all over the floor.  I tell myself, "Ok it's just a blob, I'll be ok".  I wash his butt off in the sink because I'm not contaminating his whole tub.  I quickly wipe up the floor while I'm holding him and I pull off my poop stained pants.  He is giggling the entire time.  He thinks it's a riot!!  I finally get it all cleaned up and put him in his tub.  HE POOPED AGAIN!!!!!  ALL IN THE TUB!!!!!  He thought the whole thing was hilarious.

mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I deal with it all too! DF rarely changes our son, and can't stand when he pukes. He has actually thrown up a few times watching Jace spit up or smelled his poopy butt!

Quoting Ludvik_Smith:

mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM

OMG! That's too funny!!! I'd prolly do the same. 

Quoting cabrandy03:

lol my sister in law was at the post office once (her son had been constipated for a few days and she had fed him a bunch of prune juice that morning) well she'd been waiting in line a good 20 minutes and was finally to the front of the line when low and behold he finally poops....and everywhere lol.  It was running down her shirt and pants, but she didn't want to wait in line again so she stayed in line.  When she got to the counter the lady was like "you know you have poop all over you? are you going to take care of that?" and my sil was like "like hell I'm waiting in that line again, i'll clean us both up when were done" lol it was hillarious when she told me about it!

mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Awe! That's funny!!! I stood there with Jace trying to figure out how to get him undress with all tht poop and my DF yells, "let's just take him outside and just hose him off!" That was kinda on my mind! 

Quoting arj767s:

OMG LOL!!!!  I think that happens to us all!  For us, it was when DS was really little.  I was getting his infant tub filled up with water (it was next to the sink).  Meanwhile, I'm holding my naked 4 month old.  I hear this splat on the floor and figure he peed, but I look and and he pooped all over the floor.  I tell myself, "Ok it's just a blob, I'll be ok".  I wash his butt off in the sink because I'm not contaminating his whole tub.  I quickly wipe up the floor while I'm holding him and I pull off my poop stained pants.  He is giggling the entire time.  He thinks it's a riot!!  I finally get it all cleaned up and put him in his tub.  HE POOPED AGAIN!!!!!  ALL IN THE TUB!!!!!  He thought the whole thing was hilarious.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on May. 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Oh man, have I been there before! My DD was quite the pooper and we were no stranger to blowouts (especially when we had her in any brand of diaper other than Pampers).

There was one day where she was in her jumper. I don't remember what I was doing at the time (this was more than 3 years ago) and I don't know if I smelled poop or if I just assumed it would be time for a change, whatever. I grab her under the armpits to get her out of the jumper and didn't notice anything. It wasn't until I slipped my arm under her butt to carry her to the changing table that I realized that was a bad idea. Poop was running down my arm onto my leg and my clothes. I took one look at her and her poop was up her back and running down both legs. Ugg. My clothes, her clothes, our bodies, the jumper seat, and the CARPET were all soaked in her poo! Like you, I changed us both immediately and I sat in the bath with her so I could get cleaned up too. Then I had to wash our clothes, the jumper seat and the carpet. I had originally planned on writing a very nasty letter to Huggies at the time, especially since this was not the first incident we had...but as time wore on, I calmed down - and learned my lesson! We haven't used that brand since and never had a problem like that again!

shelzbak
by New Member on May. 17, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Oh dear...I too have had one of those days.  I can relate to your story.  On more than one occassion my handsome 11 week old son has pooped and its almost like he waits to finish until I have him on the changing table.  Honestly there is no red face, no grunting, but you can smell and know you need to change him, so I give him a bit more time....to finish so to speak and then go to change him, get him partially cleaned up then bam...more poop and if you dont pay attention it is all over the changing table...the one day he did this, and pee'd on himself and then spit up...that was one of those days....my washing machine goes none stop these days.  Hang in there ladies. You are not alone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN