Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Welcome to Baby's Firsts!

FirstTimeMoms
With popularity on the rise, homeschooling is a legitimate decision we all need to make. Have you thought about it?
Today at 11:52 AM
Homeschooling - CafeMom

I know many of us have awhile to think about it, but have any of you decided on homeschooling your children? What are your re

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM
  • 1093 Replies
  • 448845 Total Views
29 moms liked this

Welcome to our group! We're a friendly group of girls that are eager to support and encourage you through your journey, and we'd love to get to know you!

If you'd like your first name to appear whenever you make posts or replies within the group, let us know here.

Be sure to check out the first 2 replies to this post as well. There is some more handy information, such as decoding all those crazy abbreviations (reply #1), and a list of videos that will guide you from the last stages of pregnancy through the first few weeks at home with baby (reply #2).

If teething is driving you crazy, you might find this post helpful! Our group recently had Dr. Gelman, a highly sought-after pediatric dentist in New York, come in and answer some of our burning questions. See if your questions are answered!

Also, be sure to check out this post, where we got to ask Dr. Tanya - a pediatrician, working mom, best-selling author, and TV parenting expert - some questions regarding baby's milestones. See what she had to say!

And finally, meet the girls who are running the group to keep it a safe & happy environment for all:

MomToovey - Owner
Hi, I'm Marianne and I'm a 30 year old SAHM to my daughter April, who turned 5 in February. We live in Central Florida with my husband of 7 years and he works at Disney World! We do spend a lot of our free time together in the Disney parks, but as long as the 3 of us are together, I'm happy!

KelliansMom - Head Admin
HI! My name is Darbie and im a 28 year old sahm to a crazy wild three year old boy. I have been married to my husband three years this December been together for seven and he works/travels for Siemens Energy so im a part time single mom too

cabrandy03 - Admin
Hi, I'm Brandy.  I'm a 27 year old mama to one 20 month old little girl name Lynzie.  I live in northern California (for now, we may be relocating to Seattle WA soon) with Lynzie and my husband Erik and our two little dogs Amigo and Trixie.   I love camping, hiking, scrapbooking, and cooking.

jobberwocky - Admin
Hi, I'm Chrissy. I'm a 27 year old stay at home mom to my sweet 13 month old boy named Keith. We are a military family and relocated to Texas in 2012. Prior to that we were stationed in CA and I grew up and call Washington State my home. In July, we will celebrate our 9 year wedding anniversary! I spend my small amount of free time scrapbooking, reading, and am starting to sew fleece diaper covers.

So feel free to jump in whenever you're ready!

welcome

by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FirstTimeMoms
With popularity on the rise, homeschooling is a legitimate decision we all need to make. Have you thought about it?
Homeschooling - CafeMom

I know many of us have awhile to think about it, but have any of you decided on homeschooling your children? What are your re

by Admin Team on May. 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM
7 moms liked this

Some Common Abbreviations

WRITING IN ALL CAPITALS - SHOUTING

BUMP - Bring Up My Post! When someone posts "bump" in a reply to a post, they are bringing the whole thread to the top of the group so more people will see it. The posts on the group are in order of when the last reply was added.

AC = Adopted Child
AF = Aunt Flo
AP= Attachment Parenting
ATM = At the Moment
AYT = Are You There
BBL = Be Back Later
BF = Boy Friend (also sometimes best friend, breast-feeding or breakfast, depending on context!!)
BFN = Big Fat Negative
BFP = Big Fat Positive
BIL = Brother-In-Law
BL = Belly Laugh
BRB = Be Right Back
BTW = By The Way

CIO = Crying It Out
CM = CafeMom (can also mean Cervical Mucous)
CYL = Catch Ya' Later
DD = Dearest Daughter, Darling Daughter, etc
DF = Dear/Darling Fiance'
DH = Dear Hubby (Or Husband), Darling Hubby, Darn Hubby, Dumb Hubby, etc
DIKU = Do I Know You
DS = Dearest Son, Darling Son, etc (can also mean Direct Sales)
DSA = Direct Selling Association
DW = Dear/Darling Wife
ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival or Edited To Add
F2F = Face To Face
FAQ = Frequently Asked Question
FC = Foster Child
FIL = Father-In-Law
FF = Formula Feed or Forward Facing (car seat)
FTM = First Time Mom
FTW = For The Win
FWIW = For What It's Worth
GF = Girl Friend
HTH = Hope That Helps
IKWYM = I Know What You Mean
IM = Instant Message
IMHO = In My Humble/Honest Opinion
IRL = In Real Life
ISO = In Search Of
ITA = I Totally Agree
JK = Just Kidding
JMO = Just My Opinion/Observation
JUD = Jumping Up And Down
KWIM = Know What I Mean
LMAO = Laughing My A$$ Off
LMBO = Laughing My Butt Off
LO = Little One
LOL = Laughing Out Loud or Lots Of Laughs
MB = Message Board
MD = Meltdown
MIL = Mother-In-Law
MIS/DS = Mom's In Sales Direct Selling
NAD = Nursing At Desk
NAK = Nursing At Keyboard
OIC = Oh I See
OMG = Oh My Gosh
OP = Original Poster
OT = Off Topic
OTOH = On The Other Hand
PIOG = Posted In Other Groups
PITA = Pain In The Acronyms
PM = Private Message
POV = Point Of View
PP = Previous Poster
PTMM = Please Tell Me More
RAK/DAK=Random Acts Of Kindness/Deliberate Acts Of Kindness
RE = Rolling Eyes
ROFL or ROTFL = Rolling On The Floor Laughing
ROFLMBO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Butt Off
SAH(M) =Stay At Home (Mom)
SD = Step Daughter
SFAG = Stolen From Another Group
SIL = Sister-In-Law
SMH = Shaking My Head
SO = Significant Other
S/O = Spin-off
SD = Sep Dad
SM = Step Mom
SS = Step Son
STBX = Soon To Be Ex
TIA = Thanks In Advance
TFS = Thanks for Sharing
TMI = Too Much Information
TOM = Time Of The Month
TTC = Trying To Conceive
TTYL = Talk To You Later
TY = Thank You
WAH(M) = Work At Home (Mom)
WOTH(M) = Work Outside the Home (Mom)
WB = Welcome Back
WTG = Way To Go

WTH = What The Heck

FirstTimeMoms
Homeschooling - CafeMom

by Admin Team on May. 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM
3 moms liked this

CafeMom Studios put together a 12 part mini-series, Mom Ed: Childbirth. It's a talk-show style video guiding you from the last stages of pregnancy through the first few weeks at home with the baby. You can check out all 12 episodes right here!

Episode 1: The End of Your Third Trimester

Episode 2: Let's Get This Labor Started (featuring Rosie Pope)

Episode 3: Showtime! Labor Begins

Episode 4: Dealing with the Pain Naturally

Episode 5: What Happens at the Hospital

Episode 6: Push That Baby Out

Episode 7: After Birth

Episode 8: All About C-Sections

Episode 9: Birth Outside the Hospital

Episode 10: The First Few Weeks (featuring Rosie Pope)

Episode 11: Your Biggest Fears Revealed

Episode 12: The Final Word on Childbirth

Bonus Episode 1: How to Burp a Baby (featuring Rosie Pope)

Bonus Episode 2: Bathing a Newborn (featuring Rosie Pope)

tstephens311
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Hi, I'm Tiffany. 23 yrs old. FTM to Kainan who is 2 months old! Happily married to my Middle School Crush! :) Our love is like no other! We pastor a church in Ky where we make our home.

625Patty
by Patty on May. 17, 2012 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi, welcome and congrats!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elizabeth7913
by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi ladies! My name is Liz and I'm 32. I'm a new mom to my 7 week old son. He was born on April Fool's Day at 6:30 pm. He was 7 lbs 10oz. He is by far the best thing that ever happened to me! I live in Connecticut and I am a sahm.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on May. 23, 2012 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations! Welcome to the group!

caitipenn
by New Member on May. 30, 2012 at 12:17 AM
3 moms liked this

HI! My name is Caitlin and I just recently found out that we are pregnany with out first I am 22 almost 23 and my husband is 24.  We have been together for 4 years and married on Sept 24, 2011!

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on May. 30, 2012 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations! Welcome to the group!

Johlsh
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi ladies! I am Angelica. I'm hoping to make friends with other moms. I'm 23, and have a six month old son. I'm still learning how to use this site. would like to share stories and questions, add or message me! I live in Oshkosh and would travel around the fox valley.
cooper2154
by New Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi my name is Alisha I'm 22 I have a 9month old little girl named kaydence I have been married 4 years my husband is in the Air force. We are currently stationed in Louisiana 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement