Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Welcome to Baby's Firsts!

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to our group! We're a friendly group of girls that are eager to support and encourage you through your journey, and we'd love to get to know you!

If you'd like your first name to appear whenever you make posts or replies within the group, let us know here.

Be sure to check out the first 2 replies to this post as well. There is some more handy information, such as decoding all those crazy abbreviations (reply #1), and a list of videos that will guide you from the last stages of pregnancy through the first few weeks at home with baby (reply #2).

If teething is driving you crazy, you might find this post helpful! Our group recently had Dr. Gelman, a highly sought-after pediatric dentist in New York, come in and answer some of our burning questions. See if your questions are answered!

Also, be sure to check out this post, where we got to ask Dr. Tanya - a pediatrician, working mom, best-selling author, and TV parenting expert - some questions regarding baby's milestones. See what she had to say!

And finally, meet the girls who are running the group to keep it a safe & happy environment for all:

MomToovey - Owner
Hi, I'm Marianne and I'm a 30 year old SAHM to my daughter April, who turned 5 in February. We live in Central Florida with my husband of 7 years and he works at Disney World! We do spend a lot of our free time together in the Disney parks, but as long as the 3 of us are together, I'm happy!

KelliansMom - Head Admin
HI! My name is Darbie and im a 28 year old sahm to a crazy wild three year old boy. I have been married to my husband three years this December been together for seven and he works/travels for Siemens Energy so im a part time single mom too

cabrandy03 - Admin
Hi, I'm Brandy.  I'm a 27 year old mama to one 20 month old little girl name Lynzie.  I live in northern California (for now, we may be relocating to Seattle WA soon) with Lynzie and my husband Erik and our two little dogs Amigo and Trixie.   I love camping, hiking, scrapbooking, and cooking.

jobberwocky - Admin
Hi, I'm Chrissy. I'm a 27 year old stay at home mom to my sweet 13 month old boy named Keith. We are a military family and relocated to Texas in 2012. Prior to that we were stationed in CA and I grew up and call Washington State my home. In July, we will celebrate our 9 year wedding anniversary! I spend my small amount of free time scrapbooking, reading, and am starting to sew fleece diaper covers.

So feel free to jump in whenever you're ready!

welcome

by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Replies (61-70):
lovelyladybump
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Hello Girls!

Im Tasha. I am 24 years old and have a 3 month old son named Gabriel. I am from Canada and i'm looking to make some friends :)

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting noahb:

Hi I am 34 and a first time mom. My son is 8 months old. I work part time as a physical therapist assistant. My husband and I have been married for 12 year now and so excited about our little one. We enjoy hiking, camping, and playing with our two dogs Molly and Maddie. 

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting lovelyladybump:

Hello Girls!

Im Tasha. I am 24 years old and have a 3 month old son named Gabriel. I am from Canada and i'm looking to make some friends :)

rterry106
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Hi, I'm Raechel, I'm about to be a FTM to a baby girl, my due date is October 12th. I'm 27 years old, and I live and work in CO. Getting ready to pack my hospital bag, wondering what some of your "must haves" for the hospital are? Thanks!

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Welcome to the group and congratulations!

There's honestly not too much you need. The hospital will provide a lot of the necessities. However, be sure to bring your phone, camera, extra batteries, charger, memory cards, going home outfit for baby, going home outfit for you, and toiletries for showering, etc. I brought books and dvds & our ipod and everything and ended up not using it. I slept most of the time during my labor, and once she was born, I didn't want to do anything that didn't involve her, lol! I also brought food, but ended up only eating hospital food. I brought lots of clothes for me and baby, but only needed the one outfit each. I brought diapers & wipes, but the hospital provides those, and I chose not to diminish my own stash when free ones were available!

Quoting rterry106:

Hi, I'm Raechel, I'm about to be a FTM to a baby girl, my due date is October 12th. I'm 27 years old, and I live and work in CO. Getting ready to pack my hospital bag, wondering what some of your "must haves" for the hospital are? Thanks!

kitcal78
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Yaa......cool I'm a 1st time mom of a sweet baby boy Alexander.  He turns 7 months tomorrow.  Excited and nervous.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting kitcal78:

Yaa......cool I'm a 1st time mom of a sweet baby boy Alexander.  He turns 7 months tomorrow.  Excited and nervous.

kitcal78
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Gigi 33 1st timer.  New mom of 7 month Alexander.  I've worked with children all ages from the time I was 15.  I waited until I was older, mature, settled into a career I like, etc.  You are never really prepared.  Being a mom has opened my eyes to what an ass hole I am.  I mean I knew before my attitude is "unique".  All the things I used to shake my head at when people would do it to there kids.  I have to stop myself from doing to mine.  I'm taking it one day at a time.  My son is the best thing to ever happen to me.

Quoting akronmom2012:

Hi! My name is Mary and I am 32. I am a new mom of a 3 month old boy, Benjamin.  Life as a new mom is a bit crazy, but I am enjoying my little guy!  I am a SAHM from OHIO.

kitcal78
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I had my bag packed at 32 weeks.  Mainly because I was having Braxton Hix contracts and my doctor pulled me out of work.  My feet had swelled up so bad it was painful to walk and I couldn't get anything on my feet.  I ended up going 2 weeks past due date.  Had an emergency c-section Feb. 27th he was born.  Pack what you are particular about.  Some people don't like the hospital pads, toothpaste, etc. 

Quoting rterry106:

brightstar28
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Hi!  My name is Ryan Renee, I'm 28 and pregnant with my first!  Dh and I have been married for 5 years this month (october) and live in Ohio.  This baby is 3 years in the making and lots of help from an amazing RE.  I was recently released from the fertility clinic and am now just a "normal" pregnancy!  We are very much looking forward to this little one (due in April)!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN