Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Welcome to Baby's Firsts!

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to our group! We're a friendly group of girls that are eager to support and encourage you through your journey, and we'd love to get to know you!

If you'd like your first name to appear whenever you make posts or replies within the group, let us know here.

Be sure to check out the first 2 replies to this post as well. There is some more handy information, such as decoding all those crazy abbreviations (reply #1), and a list of videos that will guide you from the last stages of pregnancy through the first few weeks at home with baby (reply #2).

If teething is driving you crazy, you might find this post helpful! Our group recently had Dr. Gelman, a highly sought-after pediatric dentist in New York, come in and answer some of our burning questions. See if your questions are answered!

Also, be sure to check out this post, where we got to ask Dr. Tanya - a pediatrician, working mom, best-selling author, and TV parenting expert - some questions regarding baby's milestones. See what she had to say!

And finally, meet the girls who are running the group to keep it a safe & happy environment for all:

MomToovey - Owner
Hi, I'm Marianne and I'm a 30 year old SAHM to my daughter April, who turned 5 in February. We live in Central Florida with my husband of 7 years and he works at Disney World! We do spend a lot of our free time together in the Disney parks, but as long as the 3 of us are together, I'm happy!

KelliansMom - Head Admin
HI! My name is Darbie and im a 28 year old sahm to a crazy wild three year old boy. I have been married to my husband three years this December been together for seven and he works/travels for Siemens Energy so im a part time single mom too

cabrandy03 - Admin
Hi, I'm Brandy.  I'm a 27 year old mama to one 20 month old little girl name Lynzie.  I live in northern California (for now, we may be relocating to Seattle WA soon) with Lynzie and my husband Erik and our two little dogs Amigo and Trixie.   I love camping, hiking, scrapbooking, and cooking.

jobberwocky - Admin
Hi, I'm Chrissy. I'm a 27 year old stay at home mom to my sweet 13 month old boy named Keith. We are a military family and relocated to Texas in 2012. Prior to that we were stationed in CA and I grew up and call Washington State my home. In July, we will celebrate our 9 year wedding anniversary! I spend my small amount of free time scrapbooking, reading, and am starting to sew fleece diaper covers.

So feel free to jump in whenever you're ready!

welcome

by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Replies (71-80):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Welcome and Congrats!

Quoting brightstar28:

Hi!  My name is Ryan Renee, I'm 28 and pregnant with my first!  Dh and I have been married for 5 years this month (october) and live in Ohio.  This baby is 3 years in the making and lots of help from an amazing RE.  I was recently released from the fertility clinic and am now just a "normal" pregnancy!  We are very much looking forward to this little one (due in April)!

CafeMom Tickers
abbysmom028
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello I'm Candice and I'm 29 years old. A mom to 3.And I make Siggys its a hobby of mine ..I'm here to help 

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Thanks for joining

Quoting abbysmom028:

Hello I'm Candice and I'm 29 years old. A mom to 3.And I make Siggys its a hobby of mine ..I'm here to help 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandysGirl1982
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I'm Back with a new name

Quoting MomToovey:

Thanks for joining

Quoting abbysmom028:

Mrs.Mora0412
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Hi I'm Monqiue I have a & month old boy. He is very head strong and is crawling. I am hoping to fine some advise on how to get him to sleep in his own bed . Help Thanks 

lil_nugget
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Im shelbi im 20 and im pregnant with my first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Welcome to the group!

As far as getting him to sleep in his own bed, there are plenty of different ways. First, think of why you want to get him to sleep there. Where is he sleeping right now? At one month, the most important thing is that he sleeps, not where he does it. So if he's getting enough sleep (around 20-22 hours a day that young) and he's safe, there's really no need to move him unless you just plain want to! :)

With my daughter, we bed-shared for the first 1-2 months. After that, we transitioned her to her swing. We kept the swing in our room and started out leaving it on all night. As time went on, we started turning it off sooner and sooner until it wasn't on at all. That took about a month. And once we did that, we moved the swing to the living room (shared a wall with our bedroom) and left the bedroom door open. We did that for about another month or so. Then we finally made the transition to crib. It was rough at first, she woke up more often the first few nights, but I kept coming to her, calming her down/feeding her/changing her, whatever was needed. And after a few nights (a week or so, really) she was fine in her crib.

If you'd like more advice from more people, feel free to make a post in the group. Just go to the group's home page (which you can get to by clicking the blue "house" under the group name at the top of the page) and click the Add A Post button. More people will see your question that way and you'll be able to get more answers than just mine.

Good luck!

Quoting Mrs.Mora0412:

Hi I'm Monqiue I have a & month old boy. He is very head strong and is crawling. I am hoping to fine some advise on how to get him to sleep in his own bed . Help Thanks 

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Welcome to the group and congratulations!

Quoting lil_nugget:

Im shelbi im 20 and im pregnant with my first

sarahneal111409
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM

hi my name is sarah and i have a 1 yr old and he is my first he was andis the greatest gift god could ever ever gave me

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Nov. 10, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Welcome to the group and congratulations!

Quoting sarahneal111409:

hi my name is sarah and i have a 1 yr old and he is my first he was andis the greatest gift god could ever ever gave me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN