Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Do you have any pets?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

Are they good with you baby/kid?  We have 2 little dogs, one's a chihuahua named Amigo and the other is a scottish terrier mix named Trixie.  Amigo is great with dd and super proective of her, Trixie is a little stand-offish towards dd but is still very sweet and tolerent of her.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Two cats and a dog and a fish. The dog and our male cat are awesome with my son. Our female cat is just stays away. And the fish well I'm surprised he is still alive the way my son wants to hug him and touch him all the time lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM

lol we just got dd a couple gold fish a few weeks ago, and she huged the little plastic bag they came home in, all the way home.  Then she cried and threw the bag when we tried to take it from her to put the fish into they're tank.  Luckily they all lived, and are now peacefully living in they're tank!

Quoting KelliansMom:

Two cats and a dog and a fish. The dog and our male cat are awesome with my son. Our female cat is just stays away. And the fish well I'm surprised he is still alive the way my son wants to hug him and touch him all the time lol

CafeMom Tickers
phrenicfire89
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:17 AM
We used to have a kitty named Moonlight. She was awesome with the kids but she want happy in our tiny apartment so we sent her to a large home where a 6 yr old really wanted her. Now our kids have a fishtank their dad bought them for their first bday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney81181
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM

We have 2 long haired cats. One is a maine coon so he is the size of a small dog lol. Mason just turned 1 & finally weighs about the same as Henry (the maine coon cat) lol. He loves to give them hugs & rub his face on their extremely soft hair. We taught him very early to "be nice" & he pets them so softly, it's very sweet. They know that if they don't want him touching them, they can run off & usually they do after a 5min. love session ;p I tried to upload a pic of one of their infamous hugs, but it didn't work :/

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:56 PM

No :( We used to have a couple pet rats, but they have short life spans and are no longer with us. We don't want to "replace" them, and we're not ready for something bigger like a dog or cat, so we're "in between pets" right now :)

NattyIndra
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:31 PM

We have a chuhuahua too his name is Chopper. It took him a while to warm up to our son when he was first born but now he really loves him. DS still likes to whack him one every once and a while and Chops just takes it poor guy *thankfully.*

neptunekitty
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:23 PM
We have a cat and two fish, the cat is good with the kids, 4 and 8 yr old boys, when he's tired of the boys he can go in his room or ours, where the kids aren't allowed. We got him as a kitten so he could grow with our family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RunninMa
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:38 AM

We have two dogs. Sage is unbelievable with Thea. She treats Thea like a puppy and is very doting. It's the sweetest thing.  Mosley, on the other hand, cimply tolorates Thea. He will occasionally growl if she is bugging him while he's trying to sleep, so I am trying to teach her that Mosley is 'mom and dad's' dog (to pet only when mom and dad are there) and Sage is her dog. :)

NCMOMMIE18
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Annie and Bailey are best buddies!

Karen526
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM

We have a pug named Princess well as 3 cats 1 kitten and some gold fish 2 ducks about 8 roosters "we are trying to relocate the majority of those, and about 9 hens. Our mini zoo. :)

2 of the older cats tolerate ds and will occasionally let him approach them and pet and love on  them and the other just stays away from everyone generally "they are outdoors cat" and the kitten poor dear has been named Baby by Sammie and he tries his hardest to catch her and carry her around and she is now at the point she hisses and some times swats and runs but when he catches her she usually just lets him hold her. "he usually will feed her a treat "dont know where he got this from ;) after he is done playing or while he is loving her, and she is more apt to let him handle her. The Pug poor dear gets attacked and sat on and chased and she lets him have it.She gets him back sometimes :) she will let him sit on her back likes shes a horse and then bucks him off.

The roosters and backyard animals all run when they hear my son. he was raised around them and has not one fear of them and tries catching them. much to our surprise the roosters actually run when they hear his voice, even the most cocky one of all :).

The fish well he doesnt pay them attention reallly. he used to watch them intheir tank when he was newborn and loved it now hes more eh they are their an will help feed them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN