Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Tummy time...?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 144 Total Views
Hi lady's I have an almost 6 month old and everything I do tummy time he always rolls over on his back. But I know tummy time is important. But he just dosent like it.

Do you baby's like tummy time? If not what did you do?? Any ideas??
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arj767s
by Ashley on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
My son didn't like it. I kept trying and he'd roll over, but eventually he started crawling. You could put toys in front of him. What tummy time helps with is strengthening back and neck muscles. Since TJ didn't like it, I'd carry him like an "airplane" when I played with him. It's tummy time but not on the floor, if that makes sense. It strengthen his back and neck muscles in the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:10 AM
If he's holding his head up and rolling then mission is already accomplished. :) the point of tummy time is to help develop muscles so that they can keep their head up and roll and eventually crawl. My son is almost 9 months and hated being on his tummy until a few weeks ago. Now he's always on his tummy because he is figuring out how to crawl.

I never forced tummy time on him and he still learned everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmansfield
by Katie on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Oh ok thank you.
1stpreggers
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM
My ds doesnt like tummy time either I just keep rolling him back over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM

once they can roll no need for tummy time :) ...tummy time is to get them to that point :) now its time for other skills to be learned :) and for the really fun (crawling and motion) to begin :)

Kmansfield
by Katie on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:04 PM
I know I keep trying to have him do it. But he just don't like it.
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM

then try other things and do other things :) tummy time is not the need all end all :). not ever kid likes to just lay there on their tummies ...now that he can roll from front to back he will learn to roll from back to front and pretty much all over the place :) what about sitting? does he like to do that ? then go with that or whatever he likes to do 

Kmansfield
by Katie on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Thank you
zannahdeux
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Try making him sit up noe instead if tummy time. Tummy time does two things, helps reduce flat head and strenghtens neck muscles. If he already hit these miles stones go to the next one, sitting up will also help reduce flat head and help strengthen his core. Sit him up with a boppy around him,
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:11 AM

My DD hated being on her tummy, but loved being held. So my compromise was that I would lay down on my back and place her on my tummy. She was comforted, knowing that she was in mommy's arms, and I was happy that she was getting her much needed tummy time. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement