Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

when is this going to happen ?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 179 Total Views
Just got home not to long ago and baby boy was sleeping . So i decided to clean my downstairs and clean the dishes and throw out the trash . Bf was upstairs in the shower cause he also just got outta work . Well im starting to do my dishes & i started to feel scared like something was going to happen to me . Started to get scared so i walked to the living room . I ended up brushing it off cause baby boy was fussing . So i changed him and my bf ended up coming downstairs and taking the baby . He told me to take care of yourself . So i decided to take a shower . Walking up the stairs and i started to feel fear . Like i didn't even want to take a shower . Brushed it off and got my ass in the shower . Got in the shower and it got worse .keep thinking something was going to happen to me & my heart started beating fast and i started to breath harder so i had to hurry my shower . Ughh i hate feeling like this . Im taking prozac for aniexty but i just think its getting worse :/. Im calling my doctor first thing in the morning :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
arj767s
by Ashley on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM
That's how I felt. I don't know that it's "normal" but it's more common than you'd think. I had very vivid visions of bad things happening. It's so hard to even move when that feeling comes over you. I really think a different medicine or dosage may help you. I know someone with the same anxieties and she takes Zoloft.

On another note, I'm glad your bf watched him so you could shower. I bet that made you feel good (aside of the anxious part).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalamama92
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Yeahh it makes me feel like not doing anything nd that's not me !! This feeling sucks . I.thought it was working but i guess not . Its crazy to be feeling scared for no reason , it scares me !! The shower did feel good tho cause i was sweaty lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinsFanMama
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Yes, def call your dr and let them know what happened. Unfortunately you may need to switch meds. It sucks, but it's all part of the process....once you find the right med/dose it will all be worth it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney81181
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:21 AM

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been on the Prozac? I know it takes quite awhile to start working. I got bad anxiety a few yrs. back when I was going through a divorce & had a lot of work & family stress. I was on Paxil for awhile, & put on a lot of weight. Since having my son, (he's 14months), my anxiety has returned shortly after Christmas time...I had a horrible panic attack over nothing at all that really scared me, so my dr. tried me on Celexa, which didn't seem to work for me. I am now on Zoloft (no weight gain) & it is working really well. Give the meds a chance to work, but DEF go visit your dr. & tell him/her what happened. You may need a bigger dosage or to be switched, depending on how long you have been on the Prozac. Good luck, anxiety is a horrible feeling & you deserve to not feel like that anymore!

lalamama92
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Thank you & i think its been like 3 weeks that i been taking it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney81181
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 4:34 PM

You're welcome. Give it some more time to work. I know that with mine, it can take 4wks. to start to work & about 6wks. to get the full effects. Hang in there. At least it sounds like you have a supportive bf :)

Quoting lalamama92:

Thank you & i think its been like 3 weeks that i been taking it

lalamama92
by Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Ohh okay , yeah i hope it starts kicking in soon & yeah his good to me when he wants too lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Aug. 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM

The first thing I want to say is HOORAY!!! Your BF is helping and letting you take some time for yourself! You need and deserve it!

Did you talk to your doctor? How are you feeling today?

lalamama92
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Yess i do !! & yeah i went to my doc apt today and he gave me refills & still wants me to take them for a lil longer & see if it works ,.if.not then he said were try.something different
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement