Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

HOW OLD???

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 162 Total Views
How old was your daughter before you painted their nails for the first time??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM
I don't have a daughter but they make polish called piggy polish that is safe for babies and kids. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sep18mom
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Quoting KelliansMom:

I don't have a daughter but they make polish called piggy polish that is safe for babies and kids. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Many nail polish have toxins in them and kids tend to chew and sic on their finger so I wouldn't use regular nail polish on a child.

Quoting sep18mom:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sep18mom
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM
O ok thanks :)

Quoting KelliansMom:

Many nail polish have toxins in them and kids tend to chew and sic on their finger so I wouldn't use regular nail polish on a child.

Quoting sep18mom:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Your welcome. You can find piggy polish at Ulta :)

Quoting sep18mom:

O ok thanks :)

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting sep18mom:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ludvik_Smith
by Jessica on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I've never painted my daughter's finger nails but I painted her toenails for the 1st time a few months ago (she's 2 years old).

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I've never painted my daughter's finger nails because I don't want her chewing toxic nail polish, but I started painting her toenails as soon as she outgrew the "chewing on your toes" phase at a little after a year old.  She loves having her toe nails done, I ask her if she wants a pedicure and she gets all excited and sticks her feet up on a pillow and lets me trim her toenails and paint them.  :)

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM
My daughter was 2 before I ever painted her nails. She's 3.5 now & I've still never painted her fingernails. Only toes. I usually give her a pedicure too! We start by taking the old polish off, then she soaks her feet in warm water for a couple minutes, we usually listen to music during this time. Then I massage her feet & rub lotion on them. And then after that, I paint her nails & we sit under the fan and I read her a story while we wait for it to dry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoCo4987
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM
My daughter was 2 when I started painting her toes and finger nails mainly due to the fact it was the only way she let me cut her fingernails..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blapier
by Brenda on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I don't paint her fingernails, but I've been painting her toes for awhile now. Once she stopped chewing on them I painted them.:)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement