Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaking out!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 140 Total Views

I have never been so worried about my son and my DF. They are both very sick with fevers and the stomach bug. DF came home from work not looking good. Last night around 1:00am he was freezing and shivering in bed (he's my body heat!) so for this is not normal! I threw socks, pants and sweatshirt on him along with 2 blankets to keep him warm. He's needing to throw up but nothing is coming. My son woke up around 5am and then again 6:30am with badly wet/dirty diapers. I've changed his diaper 4x's today with dirty diapers. He was very warm and fussy as well. So as DF's stomach bug is coming out one end I have my son whose bug is coming out the other end. I'm trying to get a hold of both doctors and both said they'll call me back. AND I am a part time CNA and and have to work today and I hate hate hate calling off!!! Very nervous!

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Sounds like a virus for them both. For both push fluids like pedilite (make into Popsicles) and try toast first for the hubby and the brat diet for the baby :) for fever try a lukewarm bath or room temp wash cloths placed on forehead or in armpits.

How try feel better soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Oh no, I hope they both feel better soon. 

Ludvik_Smith
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Oh my goodness I have much sympathy for you!

I hope it passes soon. Make sure they take in plenty of fluids, as I'm sure you know. I hope the doc calls you back soon. 

mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Both took 2 hour naps, Jace was so tired i was singing xmas songs and he looked me laid his head on my chest and fell alseep!!! THAT NEVER happens!! as much as i hate him not feeling good, i love how he turns into a big cuddle bear! And DF is on his way to the doctor now, Jace cant get in til tomorrow, but was told to push liquids for both. And question is...why do men turn into babies when they get sick!!!? My word!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Oh man, I feel you. We've all gotten a nasty stomach bug in our home too. It's been awful. Thanfully, DD has gone 3 full days without getting sick, that's the longest record of the last 2 weeks - hopefully we're officially done with it in our house, and here's to a speedy recovery in yours!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)