Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question of the day 12-12

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

Do you or have you ever owned any pets other then the typical cat or dog????

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I love critters.  Dh and I have had all sorts of animals over the years including: 2 dogs, several cats, a wolf, a turtle, lots of fish, frogs, a ball python, a gecko, and a whole family of rats.

christineT79
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM

A wolf????? Well to answer your question yes. I am a veterinary tech so it's no wonder I have & had many pets. I mostly grew up with dogs because my Dad was allergic to cats but I've also had birds, fish, ginuea pigs, a hedgehog, hermit crabs, & a turtle. I actually still have my box turtle from when I was a kid. I've had him for 20 years! I now have him & a rescue dog named Dingo (because she looks like a dingo or a fox).

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I just had someone else tell me they wanted a hedgehog, I had no idea you could even own them as pets!  I think it might be illegal to own them as pets here in California.  Yes we had a wolf for a few years but no matter what we did to our fence she kept finding ways out of the yard so we ended up having to find her a new home.  Luckily the lady we gave her to is really awesome and lets us come visit her as much as we want.

Quoting christineT79:

A wolf????? Well to answer your question yes. I am a veterinary tech so it's no wonder I have & had many pets. I mostly grew up with dogs because my Dad was allergic to cats but I've also had birds, fish, ginuea pigs, a hedgehog, hermit crabs, & a turtle. I actually still have my box turtle from when I was a kid. I've had him for 20 years! I now have him & a rescue dog named Dingo (because she looks like a dingo or a fox).

ShanesMommy2012
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I've had a rabbit & a few lizards.

Ludvik_Smith
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Growing up I caught things like toads, frogs and turtles and kept them as pets until I let them go. I would also keep a baby bird here and there for a while before letting it go.

I've also had dwarf hamsters, a teddy bear hamster, a couple rats, a couple rabbits, fish and other aquatic creatures, many cats and a few dogs. 

Courtney81181
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I've almost always had cats-we have 2 indoor cats right now. When I was younger I owned hamsters & a chubby dalmation ;p

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

My first pet(s) as a kid were fish. Some goldfish and some other kinds - I don't remember what they all were. Then I moved on to hamsters. Then I had dogs the rest of my time with my parents. When I moved in with DH, we got pet rats and hadn't had any pets at all since they passed until recently. We just got DD a couple mice.

I want a chameleon so bad, but the cheapest ones we can find are $80 :(

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I really want a chameleon too, but they are pricey!

Quoting MomToovey:

My first pet(s) as a kid were fish. Some goldfish and some other kinds - I don't remember what they all were. Then I moved on to hamsters. Then I had dogs the rest of my time with my parents. When I moved in with DH, we got pet rats and hadn't had any pets at all since they passed until recently. We just got DD a couple mice.

I want a chameleon so bad, but the cheapest ones we can find are $80 :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)