Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nap vent

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 318 Total Views

I have no idea what has gotten into dd lately but she has been so wound up all afternoon, and has skipped her nap the last 3 days in a row.  She gets super tired around dinner time so I don't think she's quite ready to give up her nap for good.  It's driving me crazy, everytime I try to put her down she just gets all silly and plays instead.  Those of you with older kiddos, what age did they stop napping?  I think 2 seems way to young to totally give up her nap, I'm hoping it's just a little phase she's going through or something.  Any good nap tips???

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Around two 1/2 my son would only nap if I ran him in the morning lol so what is started doing bc we could go to the park every morning was we did quiet time for both mommy and son. We didn't have to go to sleep (all though he sometimes would) but we had to lay down and rest for two afternoon shows or a movie. At four we still do rest time and on those off days he will nap normally in a Sunday during football lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ludvik_Smith
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:27 PM

My daughter is 2 and went through a no-nap period but then started up again. I just tried not to stress about it. If she doesn't nap, oh well, but I at least try every day. 

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Oh good, I hope it's just a phase then that she'll grow out of soon!

Quoting Ludvik_Smith:

My daughter is 2 and went through a no-nap period but then started up again. I just tried not to stress about it. If she doesn't nap, oh well, but I at least try every day. 

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Yeah I think I might just have to make sure to keep her really active in the morning and wear her out.  Yesterday dh took her out for a long walk and puddle stomping and played chase with her in the house for a while and she took a nice nap in the afternoon. 

Quoting KelliansMom:

Around two 1/2 my son would only nap if I ran him in the morning lol so what is started doing bc we could go to the park every morning was we did quiet time for both mommy and son. We didn't have to go to sleep (all though he sometimes would) but we had to lay down and rest for two afternoon shows or a movie. At four we still do rest time and on those off days he will nap normally in a Sunday during football lol

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Omg my dd is 21 months old and she went 3 days in a row this week without taking a nap! And she slept TERRIBLE those nights!! Tossing and turning and kicking and ughhh. It seems that lately she either takes a late night which means going to bed later -BUT sleeping better, OR she doesn't take a nap at all, goes to bed somewhat early and sleeps terrible.
Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM

There must be something in the water lol!  It's driving me nuts .  It's almost 4 pm and she's showing no signs of slowing down (she usually naps at 1pm) so I think she's going to skip her nap today too.  I even tried wearing her out all morning.  We went for a long walk, played chase, played simon says, did all sorts of goofy dancing and she's still going! 

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Omg my dd is 21 months old and she went 3 days in a row this week without taking a nap! And she slept TERRIBLE those nights!! Tossing and turning and kicking and ughhh. It seems that lately she either takes a late night which means going to bed later -BUT sleeping better, OR she doesn't take a nap at all, goes to bed somewhat early and sleeps terrible.
Ugh!

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Good luck mama! ;)

Quoting cabrandy03:

There must be something in the water lol!  It's driving me nuts .  It's almost 4 pm and she's showing no signs of slowing down (she usually naps at 1pm) so I think she's going to skip her nap today too.  I even tried wearing her out all morning.  We went for a long walk, played chase, played simon says, did all sorts of goofy dancing and she's still going! 

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Ugh!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM

She just fell asleep on my lap like 5 minutes ago  :)  Success!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Good luck mama! ;)

Quoting cabrandy03:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Ugh!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Hahaha Yessss!!!!

Quoting cabrandy03:

She just fell asleep on my lap like 5 minutes ago  :)  Success!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Good luck mama! ;)

Quoting cabrandy03:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Ugh!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Honestly, my daughter still naps. She's been taking only 1 nap a day since she was around 7-8 months, but the only thing that has changed is the length. We went through a phase similar to what you're going through now, and April was about the same age as Lynzie is now. I actually nap with my daughter, so I don't know how helpful I'll be if you don't - but what I did was just started making sure I keep the room dark (something I had never worried about before), and giving her a toy to hold onto but letting her know that naptime is for sleep, not play. If she can't lay down quietly with her eyes closed, the toy gets taken away. It works pretty well for us. She still takes a few minutes to fall asleep, something I never had to worry about when she was a baby, but it happens.

I'm sad because we're actually finally cutting nap out on her birthday. Instead, she'll get an hour of quiet time in her room. It'll still be dark and she still needs to be quiet, but she doesn't need to sleep if she doesn't want to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)