Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 301 Total Views
Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed! No one ever tells you when you become a mom that you do EVERYTHING!
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I know right!?!  Hang in there!

eastbaby
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM
In the same boat here :/ sorry the kids will grow up soon lol I know it's rough and tough sometimes.... Crying in the shower seems to help me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I think as new mom's we all feel that way sometimes. Can anyone give you a break?

JaxMomma78
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Can someone make this clicky?
Someone posted this on fb today. Made me feel better.
:)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/amy-morrison/motherhood_b_2271349.html

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Courtney81181
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I'm feeling the exact same way. I went back to work full-time about 4months ago & it's such a balancing act. I am so overwhelmed some nights that I can't get everything done & I'm so tired, it brings me to tears. It doesn't help that I'm such a perfectionist! I think the added stress of the holidays is going to send me over the edge! You're not alone.

Ludvik_Smith
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Oh so true!!!!! So, so true.

No book, no amount of advice, no video can TRUELY prepare you for what being a new mother is going to be like! You're stressed, scared, tired. It's totally normal, remember that.

It takes a while for you and baby to fall into a rhythm, to learn each others' habits and personalities. You're not a bad mom because you feel like you don't know what you're doing, you're a normal mom, remember that. Trust yourself, and very importantly, take help when you can, don't be too prideful. Trust your SO, mom or mother-in-law, or close friend to watch baby even for an hour so you can nap or shower. Don't ever feel like less of a mom because you need a break.

I bet you're doing everything right, it's just new still. It gets better :) 

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Oh man, you're preaching to the choir sister!!

It's true that no matter how much experience you think you have, how many books you read, shows you watch, or class you take will ever truly prepare you for having a child of your own. And so much goes into it that you don't even think about. You hear all the time about not getting sleep and changing diapers and crying, but no one really sits down and explains exactly how your world will turn upside down!

And when you think of changing diapers, do you really consider the fact that you'll go through about 10-12 a day? Or that baby eats a hell of a lot more than you do? It's overwhelming. And it's hard. And to top it off, your hormones can take up to a full year to get back to "normal" - not that anything about your life now will ever be like it was before having a baby.

But it gets better. The two of you are growing and learning together. It's a process, but you can do it. And it'll continue to get easier and easier as the two of you become more and more in sync with each other.

And once he starts doing things like sitting up, laughing, cooing, playing, etc. it's going to be better than anything you ever dreamed it would be! Hang in there, momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)