Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to get things done vs. spending time with baby

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 344 Total Views
I'm a stay at home mom now but have worked my whole life since 12 years old. On top of that, I'm a little OCD about taking care of the house. So it's been a big change having my son, who's 3 months old and now the center of my universe. When I try to accomplish things I feel guilty because I'm not spending what I feel is crucial time with my son, but I hold him all day long and feel like I haven't done my housekeeping duties! Plus, I'm writing a novel and can't find the time to write during my day and don't want to ignore my husband to write while he's watching him! What to do?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Use a carrier.    Wearing your baby means you can live normally!
:-)

Congrats and GL!

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM
I wore my son often. And once he got I a napping schedule one in he morning and one in the afternoon. I used one nap for chores and the other nap for me time :)
Dibsy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM
That's a wonderful idea! I have a sling for him but never have used it except to take my son with me to ride with my husband on the combine in harvest. The only problem with me doing anything during his naps is that he sleeps in my arms then as soon as I put him down he wakes right up! He's a happy baby and doesn't typically fuss but I just feel awful doing things when he's awake and looking for entertainment.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I pretty much wore my daughter every waking moment for the first nine months. It was amazing because she got the skin to skin contact she needed from me, but my hands were free to do other things. I cleaned, I went on the computer, I even ate! I actually have a picture on my phone from when I was eating ice cream and a drop fell on her head, LOL!

pittymama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:32 AM

buy a baby carrier. does he like to be in his exersaucer yet (some babies do this early)? is he still napping frequently? get it done during naps. or wear him :) i didn't have any problems getting things done until she was 3.5-4 months old and she started getting bored. 

doulala
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Quoting Dibsy:

That's a wonderful idea! I have a sling for him but never have used it except to take my son with me to ride with my husband on the combine in harvest. The only problem with me doing anything during his naps is that he sleeps in my arms then as soon as I put him down he wakes right up! He's a happy baby and doesn't typically fuss but I just feel awful doing things when he's awake and looking for entertainment.

He will sleep in the carrier and you won't put him down~    then you can do your housework or fun work, etc...     That's the beauty of carriers, your arms are free and baby feels you breathing & moving, is held---     ideal!

;-D

And him riding along while you Live Life is fine, you aren't the paid entertainment 24/7...     It is important for children to live the rhythm of the household from their beginnings.

GL!

Graceplustwo
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:48 AM
I agree wearing your baby is the best thing. I wear a sleepy wrap its like the Moby but better and I can do everything with my4 month baby close and secure
KRYSTALK1013
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I wear my baby in a carrier to get things done. She just stares up at me. I love it.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Yeah, give the sling a try.  My daughter loved to sleep in hers when she was little, it was a really great way to get her to take a nap and be able to get housework done  :)

Quoting Dibsy:

Dibsy
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM
3 moms liked this
Well I tried the sling yesterday- huge success! I felt like I got so much done and then had time to lay down with him on the couch and indulge in a cup of hot chocolate, a Friends rerun and a nap! Thank y'all so much! It was so wonderful!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)