Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Not sure what to do?!?!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 236 Total Views
My 11mo DD is teething - big time. The past couple of days she's been drooling like crazy and had a runny nose. We have been dealing with it as best we can. Last night though, her snot started to turn a bit green. She has no fever, she's eating fine, she's playing just as much as normal. The doctor is closed with it being a weekend...actually, longer than usual since it's a holiday weekend. My MIL has me all super worried about this, like dd is in serious trouble because she's got green snot. Do I buy into it and take dd to an ER? Or just keep doing what I've been doing all day (humidifier, sucking the snot out and mega amounts of snuggling)?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lauraruth222
by New Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Bump
TwinsFanMama
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Just keep doing what you're doing. Green just means infection...as in a cold. If she's eating, playing, and having a good number of wet diapers, I wouldn't worry at all, especially with no fever. Just keep her nice and hydrated and she should be just fine :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
If she has no fever I don't see a need to take her to the er. Why exposé her to the nasty germs there when she is just teething. Now is the runny nose doesn't go away after a week or a fever 102 or higher happens then sure I say taker her in. But right now just keep up with what you are doing.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just keep doing what you're doing. Green does mean she caught a cold, but all the things you're already doing are great ways to help her feel better. If you're interested, you could try some Vick's BabyRub, but that's really more for congestion and from what you've said, it doesn't sound like that's an issue.

Good luck, hope she feels better soon!

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

If she's acting normal and isn't running a high fever then it's no big deal, no need for the ER.  Green snot usually means infection, but that dosn't mean you HAVE to go to the Dr, most likey her body will fight if off just fine all on it's own.  If it dosn't clear up by next week then call dr. and see what they say.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh, and I hope she feels better soon!

lauraruth222
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the advice, Ladies! We made it through the night. She did have a low fever (99) for about an hour, but I gave her some Tylenol and then she was fine. This morning she woke up as perky as ever, with hardly any sign of being sick...although I think she sounds a bit stuffed up. Thanks again!
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad to hear she's already feeling better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement