Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

a sick bby /:

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:47 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 220 Total Views
My lo is 3 months hes been congested i dont have his medicade card to take him anywhere i gotta wait til i get back home ive been using the humidufer it works a little but i wanna know if i can give him anything my nephews have kids musinex but im not sure
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:44 AM
No you can't use any of that stuff till age six. Get a nose suction thing, saline drops work too. Humidifier keep using it.
PeanutsMom003
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Been doing it thanks((=
arj767s
by Ashley on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM
It sucks but you just gotta wait it out. :(

He's building his immune system though but it's still no fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM

You can't give any cold medicine to kids under 6 years old.  It really sucks but you just have to get through it.  You can try saline drops or what I like to do is to turn the shower on really hot and close the bathroom door so that the whole room fills up with steam and then just sit with baby in there for a little while.  The steam will help a lot. 

Hope he feels better soon!

christineT79
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are breastfeeding you can put a drop of breastmilk into each nostril a few times a day. Sounds weird but I've heard it works wonders.

PeanutsMom003
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Thanks alot(:
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

The steam and humidifiers are good ideas, and I love the saline drops - just one drop in each nostril then suck it up with the aspirator and it clears up so fast.

I had to check the label on my daughter's Vick's BabyRub. I thought it was for babies age 6months and older, but it's actually babies 3months and older. If he's congested, it'll be a big help. My only concern is that you make sure he doesn't touch it because you don't want it getting in his mouth.

Good luck, I hope he feels better soon.

PeanutsMom003
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Awwww thanks ill let you know in the morningツ

Quoting MomToovey:

The steam and humidifiers are good ideas, and I love the saline drops - just one drop in each nostril then suck it up with the aspirator and it clears up so fast.

I had to check the label on my daughter's Vick's BabyRub. I thought it was for babies age 6months and older, but it's actually babies 3months and older. If he's congested, it'll be a big help. My only concern is that you make sure he doesn't touch it because you don't want it getting in his mouth.

Good luck, I hope he feels better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement