Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

!!!Face Rash!!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 125 Total Views
Since dd has started to sleep on her belly I've noticed a rash or skin irritation right between her eyes where the eyebrows meet and goes down to her eyes. Its very dry bumpy a lil red and a lil flaky and it looks like its painful. I don't know what it is or what it could be other then from her rubbing the sheet when she moves from side to side. have anyone experienced this before? I don't want to put anything in the case of it getting more irritated then now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM

baby achne is normal ..put some breastmilk on it :) it will clear it right up 

redrose_12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Ok ill keep doing that. Thank you.

Quoting KelliansMom:

baby achne is normal ..put some breastmilk on it :) it will clear it right up 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ludvik_Smith
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My daughter has always had pretty sensitive skin--slight irritation from rubbing on blankets or if I wipe her nose too much will cause red and bumps. Her doc prescribed her hydrocortisone lotion which works great. They have some over-the-counter as well.

redrose_12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Yes I'm sensitive skinned and I thought it could be from my sheets on my bed but I really don't know. She's 4wo is that too small for her to use that cream?? I would go to the doctors but I'm switching insurance right now and she don't have one right now. And I feel bad about that too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM

It could be irritation from rubbing, in which case, even if it's not baby acne, the breastmilk should help. It could be a reaction to the laundry detergent used. It's common to have sensitive skin on the face, but not on the rest of the body, which would explain why it hadn't bothered her before. If you're not already using a "free & clear" detergent, I'd suggest giving that a try. Good luck!

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM

It's possible it may be from the sheets.  You may want to consider switching to a different detergent, maybe something hyperallergenic.  It might also just be baby acne, it's very common.  I agree with putting breastmilk on it, that should help clear it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN