Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Mirena and still no period 4 months after baby

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 201 Total Views

Is it normal to not have a period 4 months after having a baby with mirena? I have heard that if you are breastfeeding it could take months before having one, but I wansn't able to breastfeed.  I have only had light spotting until 3 months after having a baby.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AleaKat
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Mirena is birth control and if I'm remembering correctly it advertises little to no period....

I didn't have a period at all the whole time I breastfed till I stopped at 10 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Mirena can cause you to have no periods.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM

A friend of mine used Mirena & didnt get a period for years. Everyone is different that way. I'm breastfeeding & I started my period 4 month post-partum & have been getting it regularly eventhough my baby has never had a single bottle. Consider yourself lucky because my periods now are horrible. I'm in so much pain & bleeding like I'm dying. lol.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I looked into Mirena and remember learning that it was normal to miss a period. My doctor even recommended taking regular pregnancy tests to make sure the missed period wasn't due to a pregnancy. I ultimately decided against it for that reason.

BabyBump298
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Thanks ladies! I think I'll take a test every once in while just to make sure! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN