Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

opinion?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:05 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 294 Total Views
SO told me tonight I could get a full eight hours! Guess whose awake doing the night shift me!!!! I appreciate the nap he let me get at the beginning of the night and its not that I don't want to take care of the baby but, I need to take care of myself too don't I? Feeling selfish a little disappointed blah what do you think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Wake him up and say. Thank you for giving me the chance to sleep. Can you please go take care of the baby so I can get that sleep?
christineT79
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I understand. I haven had a single night off in over 5 months straight. My hubby dosnt really help me at all with the baby. He works alot so when he's home he's usually sleeping. It sucks.

Jessicamarquez
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I'm in the same boat and I feel guilty asking for help since he has been at work but his shift is 12 and ours is around the clock

Quoting christineT79:

I understand. I haven had a single night off in over 5 months straight. My hubby dosnt really help me at all with the baby. He works alot so when he's home he's usually sleeping. It sucks.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

hubby and I set up a schedule so we knew who got what on what days ..if he wasnt working the next day he got the nightly duties 

christineT79
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

I'm in the same boat and I feel guilty asking for help since he has been at work but his shift is 12 and ours is around the clock

Quoting christineT79:

That's how I feel too. My hubby works alot & I'm a SAHM so I feel like the baby is my job, it just sucks that it's 24/7. Plus I breastfeed so he can't feed the baby so I can sleep or take a break. There's really no way around it :(

Jessicamarquez
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I pumped for a short while now she's on formula because my milk supply just crashed and couldn't get it flowing. So still couldn't stay up. Kudos to breastfeeding wish I had your boobies lol

Quoting christineT79:

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Quoting christineT79:

That's how I feel too. My hubby works alot & I'm a SAHM so I feel like the baby is my job, it just sucks that it's 24/7. Plus I breastfeed so he can't feed the baby so I can sleep or take a break. There's really no way around it :(

Jessicamarquez
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM
That's what we agreed on since today is his day off.. But he is still asleep lol glad he's getting sleep >.<

Quoting KelliansMom:

hubby and I set up a schedule so we knew who got what on what days ..if he wasnt working the next day he got the nightly duties 

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I was mean and would wake him up if it wasn't his day to sleep in or if he had agreed to get up

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

That's what we agreed on since today is his day off.. But he is still asleep lol glad he's getting sleep >.<

Quoting KelliansMom:

christineT79
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

I pumped for a short while now she's on formula because my milk supply just crashed and couldn't get it flowing. So still couldn't stay up. Kudos to breastfeeding wish I had your boobies lol

Quoting christineT79:

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Quoting christineT79:

I've always had an over supply but I was really careful not to pump & ever give bottles. You have to be really careful in the begining months not to do things like that to keep your supply up. It's because of that that I can't get a break.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Guys just don't get it.  I havn't had a full nights sleep in over 2 years lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement