Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Question of the day 1-28

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 195 Total Views

Are you on birth control?  If so, what kind????

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I'm not on any birth control right now, we've been using a natural form of family planning for the last few years.  Dh has been wanting a vasectomy, and I want him to wait so we recently came to an agreement that if I get on some sort of birth control he will wait a few years before making such a permanent decision.  I'm leaning toward the Mirena IUD but i'm not sure yet.

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Im on pills- yaz. Probably going to be changed to some other pill in may
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM
We use condoms. Just not comfortable using anything else. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM

not, anymore.... After my son I got the iud hated it i had all the worst sideeffects and my doctor at the time didnt think it was the cause of any of it ..but they all stop once it was removed ... i then went on the pill after trying out a bunch I found was ortho trycylcen low was what worked for me. But since we have decided to just let happen what will happen I havent been on anything

christineT79
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I have the non-hormonal IUD called Para Guard. I'm breastfeeding so I didnt want any hormones because they can compromise your supply. That was my only option. I'm doing really well on it.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I'm looking into getting either Para Guard or the Mirena IUD.  I was originally leaning toward Para Guard since it's non hormonal but the longer heavier periods kinda turned me off.  Are your periods really bad since being on it?  I would way rather be on something non hormonal but I really hate my period as is, and I'm not sure I want to deal with it being any longer or heavier. 

Quoting christineT79:

I have the non-hormonal IUD called Para Guard. I'm breastfeeding so I didnt want any hormones because they can compromise your supply. That was my only option. I'm doing really well on it.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I'm not really either, but it's the only way I could talk dh out of a vasectomy for now.  Now I just need to figure out what method I want to try.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

We use condoms. Just not comfortable using anything else. :)

christineT79
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Quoting cabrandy03:

I'm looking into getting either Para Guard or the Mirena IUD.  I was originally leaning toward Para Guard since it's non hormonal but the longer heavier periods kinda turned me off.  Are your periods really bad since being on it?  I would way rather be on something non hormonal but I really hate my period as is, and I'm not sure I want to deal with it being any longer or heavier. 

Quoting christineT79:

My periods are kind of crazy right now because they just started back up. With breastfeeding your periods can be really weird. I only had my first 2 since having the baby 5 months ago. My OB told me the first few periods are gonna be awful since having the baby. So far the 2 that I had were really painful & very heavy. I'm not sure if that is because they were my first periods since having the baby or if it's from ParaGuard. I was told that with ParaGuard your periods can be really heavy. When I'm done breastfeeding I'm gonna see how my periods are & if they are still painful & heavy I'm gonna have the ParaGuard removed & replaced with Mirena or go back on the pill. I liked being on the pill, the hormones caused my period to be very light & short. The only reason I would personally go with Mirena in the future is because I don't work right now & who knows if I'll have medical insurance in the future. I like how with the IUD it's in & done, you dont have to worry about re-filling it every month.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I'm on the pill.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Yeah the fact that once the IUD is in, it works for several years and I don't have to worry about having insurance to refill my prescription on a monthly basis is something I like too.  I also like not having to remember to take a pill everyday. 

I'm still breastfeeding Lynzie but my OB says Mirena shouldn't effect my milk supply especially since I've bee breastfeeding so long and have a well established milk supply.  I'm just torn between the two forms of IUDs right now and I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible.  I love the idea of non hormonal birth control, but like I said the heavy period thing freaks me out.  Anyway, thanks for the input  :)

Quoting christineT79:

Quoting cabrandy03:

Quoting christineT79:

My periods are kind of crazy right now because they just started back up. With breastfeeding your periods can be really weird. I only had my first 2 since having the baby 5 months ago. My OB told me the first few periods are gonna be awful since having the baby. So far the 2 that I had were really painful & very heavy. I'm not sure if that is because they were my first periods since having the baby or if it's from ParaGuard. I was told that with ParaGuard your periods can be really heavy. When I'm done breastfeeding I'm gonna see how my periods are & if they are still painful & heavy I'm gonna have the ParaGuard removed & replaced with Mirena or go back on the pill. I liked being on the pill, the hormones caused my period to be very light & short. The only reason I would personally go with Mirena in the future is because I don't work right now & who knows if I'll have medical insurance in the future. I like how with the IUD it's in & done, you dont have to worry about re-filling it every month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN