Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

??? Stork Bites???

Posted by   + Show Post

I had asked a while ago about my dd having a big red mark on the back of her head, it turned out to be a "stork bite" well at the time it was just red with a little softness well now I noticed that the mark is about the same size but it is getting bigger in the sense of its now where you can see it and she has a head full of hair dark brown hair at that. I read that it is normal for her to have it and will go away in time but it also said sometimes it can be something more. I am a first time mom and I must admit that I freak at small things but this thing is big and you can tell there is something there, it feels as if there was fluid in it, I know that there are two soft spots in the head and i thought that was the other one but now that it is sticking out I am not sure of this. I will call the pedi in the am but I just want to know if any of you moms had experienced this???? It is on the lower portion of her head but not her neck and it is big in size both roundness and it coming out. I really hope this is normal...

sad

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Replies (11-18):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM

How was the visit to the doctor? Do you have answers? How is she (and you) doing?

redrose_12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Well it is in fact looking like the stork bite but her doc said its a big big so she is scheduled to get a ct. I just got a phone call and they want to schedule te ct for feb 12 but she will be put under and i am scared. I know it is to keep her still but still. I just hope everything is oorite with er

Quoting MomToovey:

How was the visit to the doctor? Do you have answers? How is she (and you) doing?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I would be having a hard time with that too. Good luck

Quoting redrose_12:

Well it is in fact looking like the stork bite but her doc said its a big big so she is scheduled to get a ct. I just got a phone call and they want to schedule te ct for feb 12 but she will be put under and i am scared. I know it is to keep her still but still. I just hope everything is oorite with er

Quoting MomToovey:

redrose_12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Thanks I'm trying not to worry too much especially that being over a week away

Quoting MomToovey:

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting MomToovey:

arj767s
by Ashley on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM
In this situation, I don't think they'd do anything to harm her. It's hard to see them knocked out like that, but it's more painful for you than her AND it's a temporary discomfort for a huge peace of mind.

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting MomToovey:

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting MomToovey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redrose_12
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Yeah I know u just see it as I've never been put under and while they are only doing this to benefit her I'm just thinking of all the possibilities that can happen. It can be anything right now and I just hope and pray that she is fine and that it will go away on its own in time.

Quoting arj767s:

In this situation, I don't think they'd do anything to harm her. It's hard to see them knocked out like that, but it's more painful for you than her AND it's a temporary discomfort for a huge peace of mind.

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting MomToovey:

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting MomToovey:

erikadi
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM

My son has a stork bite, but I am glad you are going to the doctor. I hope everything turns out ok.

redrose_12
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Yes while they are normal my dds one is bigger in size. Yes I'm glad I went and checked it out.! And thank you I hope so too.

Quoting erikadi:

My son has a stork bite, but I am glad you are going to the doctor. I hope everything turns out ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement