Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

What was your LO's first food?

Posted by   + Show Post

Other then formula or breastmilk????????????

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Replies (11-18):
Eliots_momma
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Avocados. Then he had a pretty bad reaction :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadesMommy7
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Baby cereal then after carrots
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
violet21
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Why isn't it good thou?

Quoting MomToovey:

Rice cereal. Thankfully, she never really liked it, so she didn't have very much of it. It wasn't until much later that I learned it's not very good for babies.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:56 PM

It pretty much nutritionally void.  What few nutrients it does have are in a form that is super hard tor a babies digestive system to absorb.  It also causes breastfed babies to have a hard time absorbing iron from breast milk which can cause serious deficiencies.

Quoting violet21:

Why isn't it good thou?

Quoting MomToovey:

Rice cereal. Thankfully, she never really liked it, so she didn't have very much of it. It wasn't until much later that I learned it's not very good for babies.

violet21
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Ohhh ok thanks for lettin m knw:)

Quoting cabrandy03:

It pretty much nutritionally void.  What few nutrients it does have are in a form that is super hard tor a babies digestive system to absorb.  It also causes breastfed babies to have a hard time absorbing iron from breast milk which can cause serious deficiencies.

Quoting violet21:

Why isn't it good thou?

Quoting MomToovey:

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:07 PM

A lot of pediatricians still recommend it as a first food, but new studies are showing that it's better to skip baby cereals all together.  And to top it off they taste awful, the one time I offered my daughter rice cereal she hated it, so I tasted it and could totally see why she didn't want it.

Quoting violet21:

Quoting cabrandy03:

Quoting violet21:

Why isn't it good thou?

Quoting MomToovey:

violet21
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Lol yeah I once tried it wen takin care of my sisters baby n it wsnt good I wnt b givin my baby any of it wen he gets here

Quoting cabrandy03:

A lot of pediatricians still recommend it as a first food, but new studies are showing that it's better to skip baby cereals all together.  And to top it off they taste awful, the one time I offered my daughter rice cereal she hated it, so I tasted it and could totally see why she didn't want it.

Quoting violet21:

Quoting cabrandy03:

Quoting violet21:

Why isn't it good thou?

Quoting MomToovey:

HanaJoii
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM

His first food was pumpkin, he loved it as a baby but now he won't touch the stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement