Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

headaches

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 141 Total Views
Why does it seem like very time I get close top my period time I end up with horrible headaches 2 weeks in advance?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Those are called hormonal headaches. The changes in your hormone level trigger them. I've gotten them since I was a teen.
JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Ick I never had them before and well they suck lol I had my son 7 months ago and all the sudden they came

Quoting jobberwocky:

Those are called hormonal headaches. The changes in your hormone level trigger them. I've gotten them since I was a teen.
mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I use to get horrible horrible migraines. I talked to my doctor about it and it was in my birth control, so he changed my pill to a different pill which is suppose to help with my migraines..and it works!!!

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Curious, what pill are you on?

Quoting mishlerdr24:

I use to get horrible horrible migraines. I talked to my doctor about it and it was in my birth control, so he changed my pill to a different pill which is suppose to help with my migraines..and it works!!!

mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I actually got on a stronger one today called Microgestin, but before this one Sprintec which worked ok/good but my doctor said this one will be better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:35 AM
I had them when I was on the pill. The hormone surge caused them.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:04 PM

It's funny that so many are saying they had them when they were on the pill. I had them UNTIL I got on the pill! Since being on it, I haven't had an issue.

I do agree with the other moms that if you're experiencing this regularly, see a doctor to discuss your options. Good luck

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Thank you ladies!!

christineT79
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Sounds hormonal to me. Are you on hormonal birth control? If not that may help. Check with your OB. I had terrible headaches for about 2 months after my baby was born. I would wake up every morning with one. I'm guessing they were hormonal since they went away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement