Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

When he gets older......

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 125 Total Views

When my boy gets older my husband wants to teach him how to Go-Kart race....my husband races ALOT and wants to teach my son. I am a little leary about this. I mean I guess they are safe but I can only think of him crashing. Someone help me not loose my mind

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I say let him go for it, but remember your son is a person to and in the end he might not even like it or want to do it :). 

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Yeah thats the scary part is that he will like it and he may just get to involved into the whole racing thing and forget to be a kid :/

Quoting KelliansMom:

I say let him go for it, but remember your son is a person to and in the end he might not even like it or want to do it :). 

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I guess if I were in your shoes, what would matter to me is how old "older" is. He would need to be old enough to really be trusted behind the wheel, old enough to understand the dangers, old enough to be responsible - and if he's school age, you can implement some sort of rule that homework must be done before he can race.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM

he wont forget to be a kid unless you the parent push him to do it for your own enjoyment. 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Yeah thats the scary part is that he will like it and he may just get to involved into the whole racing thing and forget to be a kid :/

Quoting KelliansMom:

christineT79
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Sounds like fun to me. I would have loved that as a kid. I say let him if your son wants to & he's old enough.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM

We're going to get dd a go-cart when she gets a little bigger.  We're really into that kind of stuff.  Dh is already picking out a dirt bike for dd when she gets old enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement