ring slingWhen I was pregnant, I used to watch the babywearing moms with awe. These ladies knew how to actually get things done and be good parents all at the same time!

The only problem? I went to get a baby carrier, and I was totally lost. Did I want to do a kangaroo carry or a Buddha carry (hint: they're the same thing)? Is my baby going to be lost if I don't have a ring sling? And what the heck is a mei tai?

There are so many different kinds of slings -- front, back, cloth, supported -- that it can be daunting to have to choose! But this mama has your back. And your front and hip too.

Here's a quick look at some of the more popular kinds of baby carriers out there so you can figure out your babywearing style!

Boba Air Soft Carrier; $65

A front or back carrier that weighs just 0.7 pounds but can carry babies up to 45!

NuRoo Pocket Shirt Carrier; $59.99

NuRoo Pocket Shirt Carrier; $59.99

For that skin-to-skin contact, there's a baby carrier that doubles as a shirt for mom!

Baby So Smart Mei Tai; $81

Baby So Smart Mei Tai; $81

Based on a centuries-old Chinese-style baby carrier, a Mei Tai is usually square or slightly rectangular in shape and has four straps. They're versatile enough to be used as front or back carriers, and some parents manage to make them work on the hip as well.

Maya Wrap Ring Sling; $74.95

Maya Wrap Ring Sling; $74.95

A ring sling features a piece of fabric that goes over one shoulder and wraps around the opposite hip/waist. You can adjust the wrap with two sling rings (hence the name).

Accustomed to propping your baby on your hip? That's what this carrier is for! Hip carriers are good for parents who aren't necessarily comfortable with baby in front or back, but they are generally for older babies who can support their own heads -- this one suggests you start at 5 months.

Selendang Indonesian Wrap Carrier; $20.50

Selendang Indonesian Wrap Carrier; $20.50

It doesn't get simpler than a basic Selendang wrap carrier or Indonesian sling. These are typically unpadded slings made up of one large piece of fabric, which is wrapped and secured with a knot on Mom's shoulder.

Karma Baby Pouch Carrier; $46.97

• What's your babywearing style? Is it on our lis