Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Babymoon

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 133 Total Views

Would you (did you) have one?

Join me in these great groups:
February 2009 Preschoolers (Owner), First Time Moms (Owner),
Love & Marriage (Mod)

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM

We didn't really. There wasn't much need for it. We were already living in Orlando and had just about every theme park at our fingertips, but I did go on a "trip" back home for my baby shower. It was 5 days and just me and my friends and family. I kind of consider it my last hurrah before having the baby.

mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM

No we didn't take one, at that time DF just got a new job from being laid off and was working 7 days a week for quite some time. My MIL was thinking about taking me and my SIL to NE to meet the rest of the family and a way for her to see her mom. But that plan never followed through like most plans she makes! 

I'm hoping that when this summer comes that me and DF will take Jace to NE to see everyone and then drive to see my best friend for a few days! 

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Aww, my DH is from NE and we visit every year. I love it there, it's so relaxed and peaceful! Hopefully you'll get your trip this year! :)

Quoting mishlerdr24:

No we didn't take one, at that time DF just got a new job from being laid off and was working 7 days a week for quite some time. My MIL was thinking about taking me and my SIL to NE to meet the rest of the family and a way for her to see her mom. But that plan never followed through like most plans she makes! 

I'm hoping that when this summer comes that me and DF will take Jace to NE to see everyone and then drive to see my best friend for a few days! 

mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I haven't been to NE, but DF's mom's family is from there and I haven't met anyone from that side. I talk to his grandma all the time on facebook, but it's still not the same as actually meeting her! I really hoping to meet them all soon!!! I've been to KS, that's where my friend is from and I loved it out there!!! It was soooo pretty in the fall time. 

Quoting MomToovey:

Aww, my DH is from NE and we visit every year. I love it there, it's so relaxed and peaceful! Hopefully you'll get your trip this year! :)

Quoting mishlerdr24:

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM
We wanted to do one. Dh was deployed until I was 8 months pregnant and by the time he got settled back in, I was way too uncomfortable to go do anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Yep, you definitely need to go and meet the family! I've only been through KS, never actually been, so I can't really compare the two states, but they do border each other, so it can't be too different :)

Quoting mishlerdr24:

I haven't been to NE, but DF's mom's family is from there and I haven't met anyone from that side. I talk to his grandma all the time on facebook, but it's still not the same as actually meeting her! I really hoping to meet them all soon!!! I've been to KS, that's where my friend is from and I loved it out there!!! It was soooo pretty in the fall time. 

Quoting MomToovey:

Quoting mishlerdr24:

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Aww. Maybe when Keith is a little bit older, the two of you can go away for a weekend and get the babymoon you never had ;)

Quoting jobberwocky:

We wanted to do one. Dh was deployed until I was 8 months pregnant and by the time he got settled back in, I was way too uncomfortable to go do anything.

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Maybe. I know that wont be for several years until we live near family again. :) Someday it'll happen.

Quoting MomToovey:

Aww. Maybe when Keith is a little bit older, the two of you can go away for a weekend and get the babymoon you never had ;)

Quoting jobberwocky:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM

We didn't do one but I think it's a nice idea.

stagemom98
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM

My DH and I are going to Key West in April!  I can't wait!  It's our first baby and my hubby has a lot of vacation time so, it's fairly easy for us to get away.  I'm looking forward to our last trip as a duo.  I'll be 23 weeks pregnant so hopefully I'll be feeling good and healthy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN