Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

I thought I ha breast cancer, what's your story.??

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:03 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 127 Total Views
I never thought I could get pregnant because my periods were very irregular and I'd go months without having one one year I went months without having one. And I also did not want kids. So when I started seeing my now child's father we were good friends for a while then we started spending more time together started dating became a couple and had sex.
I was one that was sick a lot I always had headaches as because of the headaches I was always tired and nauseated, I was also one to always be hungry and crave food. (this is a little bit about me before pregnancy) Well about 1 month to a month and a half I was feeling the way I described and I also didn't have a period but it didn't occur to me that I might be pregnant because I've felt this same way before and had no periods so I thought nothing of it. Then one day my left boob started to hurt really bad and I felt a lump and it was sore to the touch, my right boob also hurt not not near as bad as the left I honestly thought I could possibly have breast cancer because my aunt had it and I was 25 so I was really nervous. I made an appointment to check it out they did a pregnancy test first then told me to undress so thy could check me out and left the room, she then came back into the room telling me never mind that the pregnancy test came back positive and they can't do anything that is have to see another doctor.
Boy was I shocked the first thing I said was that can't be true its a false positive, she looked at me crazy and then I said can I take another one.
So story here is I never thought I could get pregnant, I thought I had breast cancer or something close and that is how I found out I was pregnant. An all the while all the symptoms I had and the way I felt I would tell the bf and he would tell me your pregnant and I doubted him and said no I'm not but yes I sure was.
Fast forward 10 months she's here and I am so in love and she's the best thing that's happened to me...

So ladies how did you find out you were pregnant? Did anyone know before you did? Want to hear your stories..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:24 AM
We got married in July 2004. We started trying to get pregnant in 2008 when I was finishing up my degree. My husband deployed several times during our journey. In aug 2010 I finally went to the dr because we had not conceived. I was diagnosed with poly cystic overian syndrome. I don't have periods on my own or ovulate. I had been charting my temp everyday for months so the dr could see what my body was doing.

I was started on 3 medications to help me conceive. In oct I had 2 friends and my sister tell me they were pregnant. All within 2 weeks of each other. I was in a bad place. I wanted to be happy for them but I couldn't. By march I had given up all hope. My husband was due to deploy in 2 months, I was on my last round of the current treatments and had to fly home for my sisters baby shower and was going to ovulate while I was gone.

While preparing for my sisters baby shower my dog passed away. 2 weeks later I had gotten a random heartburn from eating some fish. Didn't think anything of it. Just thought it was weird. I was also super emotional (my dog had just died 2 weeks prior).

Our base was supposed to be getting in a bunch of evacuees from Japan due to the tsunami. I wanted to volunteer to help out with everyone coming in but decided I better make sure I got my usual negative pregnancy test as I didn't want to expose myself to who knows what. I quietly snuck out of bed and went into the bathroom. Before I could even finish pulling my pants up I saw the second pink line appear. I started crying and took the stick, ran into the bedroom, jumped on the bed, yelled at my husband to look while I'm shoving the stick in his face! I went to the dr 2 days later as a walk in and demanded to the nurse that one of the drs order me a blood test to confirm it right away! I had the positive results an hour later.

My son is now 14 months and a great joy.
christineT79
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Me & my hubby were together for 5 years before getting married, once we got married we started ttc. I got pregnant right away but it was ectopic (in my falopian tube) unfortunitly that pregnancy had to be terminated because it cannot survive in the falopian tube. After that we continued ttc but I wasnt getting pregnant. After 2 years of trying I figured I couldnt concieve. I would track my cycles & would take pregnancy tests every month. December of 2011 I took my usual montly test & it was positive. I was shocked. Now my baby girl is here & is 5 months old. My whole life has changed & I couldnt be happier.

redrose_12
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM
These miracles are just awesome. I'm glad she came when she did, I may not be married but that is another story. But my dd changed my world for the best. I would not go and change anything for the better.

Reading your story was one of them things that give hope all you need is patience. I felt happy for y'all as I read..😄

Quoting jobberwocky:

We got married in July 2004. We started trying to get pregnant in 2008 when I was finishing up my degree. My husband deployed several times during our journey. In aug 2010 I finally went to the dr because we had not conceived. I was diagnosed with poly cystic overian syndrome. I don't have periods on my own or ovulate. I had been charting my temp everyday for months so the dr could see what my body was doing.

I was started on 3 medications to help me conceive. In oct I had 2 friends and my sister tell me they were pregnant. All within 2 weeks of each other. I was in a bad place. I wanted to be happy for them but I couldn't. By march I had given up all hope. My husband was due to deploy in 2 months, I was on my last round of the current treatments and had to fly home for my sisters baby shower and was going to ovulate while I was gone.

While preparing for my sisters baby shower my dog passed away. 2 weeks later I had gotten a random heartburn from eating some fish. Didn't think anything of it. Just thought it was weird. I was also super emotional (my dog had just died 2 weeks prior).

Our base was supposed to be getting in a bunch of evacuees from Japan due to the tsunami. I wanted to volunteer to help out with everyone coming in but decided I better make sure I got my usual negative pregnancy test as I didn't want to expose myself to who knows what. I quietly snuck out of bed and went into the bathroom. Before I could even finish pulling my pants up I saw the second pink line appear. I started crying and took the stick, ran into the bedroom, jumped on the bed, yelled at my husband to look while I'm shoving the stick in his face! I went to the dr 2 days later as a walk in and demanded to the nurse that one of the drs order me a blood test to confirm it right away! I had the positive results an hour later.

redrose_12
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Well that is great for y'all. I feel just a lot of hope and happiness just by hearing the story. Who would imagine something so small would be life changing. I mean you hear it from other folks but you can never imagine the feeling until you actually are going through it..

Quoting christineT79:

Me & my hubby were together for 5 years before getting married, once we got married we started ttc. I got pregnant right away but it was ectopic (in my falopian tube) unfortunitly that pregnancy had to be terminated because it cannot survive in the falopian tube. After that we continued ttc but I wasnt getting pregnant. After 2 years of trying I figured I couldnt concieve. I would track my cycles & would take pregnancy tests every month. December of 2011 I took my usual montly test & it was positive. I was shocked. Now my baby girl is here & is 5 months old. My whole life has changed & I couldnt be happier.

christineT79
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Quoting redrose_12:

Well that is great for y'all. I feel just a lot of hope and happiness just by hearing the story. Who would imagine something so small would be life changing. I mean you hear it from other folks but you can never imagine the feeling until you actually are going through it..

Quoting christineT79:

It's very true. I always knew that having a baby would change my whole life but I think because it took me so long to concieve that just made everything so much more special. I really thought that I would never have a baby since it was 2 years of negative tests. I'm also alittle older (33) & I thought mabey I missed my window of opportunity to have kids. It makes me really appreciate every little thing about being a mommy :)

redrose_12
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I so know the feeling we may not have gone through the same I figured since I didn't have normal cycles I didn't ovulate and I wouldn't or couldn't have children and I had asked my doc he said that I wouldn't need to check until I was ready to have children but I also didn't want to know if it wasn't possible, but she was a huge surprise and I call her my miricle baby I am just happy that I was able to become someone's momma.

Quoting christineT79:

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting christineT79:

It's very true. I always knew that having a baby would change my whole life but I think because it took me so long to concieve that just made everything so much more special. I really thought that I would never have a baby since it was 2 years of negative tests. I'm also alittle older (33) & I thought mabey I missed my window of opportunity to have kids. It makes me really appreciate every little thing about being a mommy :)

Sarahb22
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Well my friend was living with me and his friend would spend the night a lot. We started hanging out and also became friends. About two months later I asked if he liked me he said yes I freaked out and though I liked him I told him I didnt and just wanted to be friends. Him and guy that was living with me(jermey) went to MI to visit jermeys gf for a week and I had time to think about it. When he came back I decided a few days later we we're dating. Then three weeks later I had such bad stomach pain I was crying so I went to ER and they told me I was pregnant! I freaked out because we always joked about that because I also did not want a child. She was born november 5 and is almost three months old and I couldnt love her more! She is cutest baby in the world and simply is my world.
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. It was definitely a long hard journey but it was worth all of it. I can't imagine my life without my son.

Quoting redrose_12:

These miracles are just awesome. I'm glad she came when she did, I may not be married but that is another story. But my dd changed my world for the best. I would not go and change anything for the better.

Reading your story was one of them things that give hope all you need is patience. I felt happy for y'all as I read..😄

Quoting jobberwocky:

redrose_12
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
It's funny how things have a way of working out. And a way of throwing curve balls at us..

Quoting Sarahb22:

Well my friend was living with me and his friend would spend the night a lot. We started hanging out and also became friends. About two months later I asked if he liked me he said yes I freaked out and though I liked him I told him I didnt and just wanted to be friends. Him and guy that was living with me(jermey) went to MI to visit jermeys gf for a week and I had time to think about it. When he came back I decided a few days later we we're dating. Then three weeks later I had such bad stomach pain I was crying so I went to ER and they told me I was pregnant! I freaked out because we always joked about that because I also did not want a child. She was born november 5 and is almost three months old and I couldnt love her more! She is cutest baby in the world and simply is my world.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Aww, that's actually a really cute story! You're little miracle baby :)

My DH and I were TTC so I was on the lookout for all the signs of pregnancy. I remembered in my multiple anatomy classes that there's an actual electric charge upon conception, and that you can feel it happen. I was looking out for that feeling and definitely did have it. I knew I was pregnant and started carrying on as though I was (not lifting heavy things, rubbing my belly, etc). I wasn't sure how my cycle would work. It was like clockwork when on the pill, but before the pill it was wild and completely unreliable. I wasn't sure when "late" would actually be. So it wasn't until a week after I expected my period that I ever took a test and it came back positive in less than 10 seconds :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement