Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Maid of Honor

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 88 Total Views

My friend from high school and I have been getting real close in the last 9 months. She got engaged in December and asked me to be in her wedding. Well today I figured out that she meant for me to be her Maid of Honor, which I am very honored to do, now that I got to  thinking about it I know the maid of honor has a lot of responsilbities and I'm now freaking out! I have no idea what those duties are!! I know the bachorlette party andthe whole wedding part on taking care of the bride on her day and making sure everything goes smoothly and giving a speech, but what are my duties before the wedding?   Any ideas and help is greatly appreciative!    

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Sorry I'm no help. The only things my maid of honor did was throw a bridal shower and help me get ready the day of the wedding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM

UGH! I forgot about the Bridal Shower!!! I feel like this is all going to cost me an arm and a leg, cuz I already saw the bridal party's dresses she was picking out! 

Quoting jobberwocky:

Sorry I'm no help. The only things my maid of honor did was throw a bridal shower and help me get ready the day of the wedding.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:09 PM

My maid of honor planned my bachelorette party, and while she did all the work, all the bridesmaids chipped in for cost. My parents planned my shower, but I did go to a shower where the maid of honor planned it - but it was still held at the mother of the bride's house.

My DH was a best man last month, and he did the same thing where he planned the bachelor party, but the other groomsmen helped with the cost.

If I were you, I'd get in touch with the other members of the wedding party and put together a budget and then you can plan within that budget.

On the actual wedding day, my maid of honor and bridesmaids went with me into the reception room to make any last minute adjustments. Other than that, her only duty was to hold my flowers during the ceremony and make a speech at the reception. Feel free to write yours down, I think most do - and I wouldn't say it's tacky at all to read it, it's very nerve-wracking and everyone understands that!

arj767s
by Ashley on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Ask her what she wants you to do. Just help where you can. Be a shoulder to cry on when she's stressed, an opinion when she needs one, someone to help keep her organized. It really depends on what she wants. I would even ask her about her shower and bachelorette party. What does she want? What ideas does she have? As for the speech, that will come in time. Speak from the heart. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement