Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I sick or is this just my pregnancy?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 168 Total Views

I have a minor headache that's focused in the middle area of my head.  I also have pressure within my nose.  Am I suffering a minore bug or is this part of being pregnant?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Could be a bit of both. Fel better soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I had headaches a lot during my pregnancy, some were so debilitating that I couldn't eat. However, yours actually sounds like it might be a sinus infection. If you're feeling pressure in your nose, that's usually what it is. It's been a while for me, so I don't remember which ones are safe to take during pregnancy, but I'd probably try a sinus medication to see if it helps.

Good luck, feel better soon!

christineT79
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I had terrible nasal & sinus congestion the whole time I was pregnant. It was one of those weird pregnancy symptoms that I've never heard of. My OB said that Sudifed was safe to take.

Ludvik_Smith
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Could be both.

Pregnancy can cause congestion, called rhinitis of pregnancy. It is caused by higher estrogen levels during pregnancy which causes swelling in the mucous membranes of the nose and also when you are pregnant your blood volume increases which can cause swelling in the blood vessels in the lining of your nose.

I felt this congestion my first pregnancy, and now, I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my second and am already feeling this, although I have also had a cold for a while now as well.

If it is a cold or some type of sickness, I hope you feel better soon :) 

FarmMom383
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I am almost 4 months pregnant and have the same symptoms.  I did go to the doctor because I was worried I was sick.  My doctor told me the headachs and congestion are normal as long as they dont come with a fever.  There is nothing wrong with going to the doctor if you are worried about it.  I hope you start to feel better, they say once you get to the second trimester it gets easier.

sailorchu
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I had super bad headaches all the time when I was pregnant. I had frequent headaches before I was pregnant too and I heard that makes migraines during pregnancy happen more often!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)