Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel bad

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

I just started last night feeling kicks. Everyone says its the best feeling. Im not sure i like feeling i mean i dont hate it but it feels werid.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM
You will get used to it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arj767s
by Ashley on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM
It takes some getting used to. I hated when the world could see him move. That made me feel awkward.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I just had my first baby & I dont think I'll be having anymore. When I was pregnant I had an anterior placenta that prevented me from feeling anything. I never once felt a kick or a hand or elbow or knee. I know it must feel weird but consider yourself lucky. I wanted to feel that so bad. It makes me sad sometimes that I'll never know what that feels like :(

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:04 PM

The actual feeling of baby move isn't that great, I agree. It was always annoying that she chose the most inopportune times to get active, and that it made all my insides feel really weird.

But I still loved it because it was my baby :) As if the heart beats, ultrasounds, and giant bump weren't enough, it was proof that my little girl was in there, alive and healthy, and it made me feel so close to her.

I wish I could say that as your pregnancy continues, it gets better, but the bigger baby gets, the more uncomfortable the moves are. Just try to focus on the fact that your sweet little baby is in there and it'll all be worth it!

Ludvik_Smith
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:28 PM

It's okay, don't feel bad :)

Everyone's experience is different. We shouldn't compare how we feel to how others feel. Your pregnancy is your personal experience--what you like about it and what you don't like about it are your personal feelings, and nothing to feel bad about. 

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM

It is very weird and definely takes some getting used to. 

ronvot
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I have a friend who is an amazing mama to three lucky boys and she hated being pregnant. Where I loved pregnancy and look forward to one day doing it again, she likened it to having her body invaded by aliens and wished she could have babies without it. To each their own.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM

To be fair, it is possible to have babies without going through pregnancy. A friend of mine had a similar experience with her pregnancy - hated every second of it. They have since adopted 4 more children :)

Quoting ronvot:

I have a friend who is an amazing mama to three lucky boys and she hated being pregnant. Where I loved pregnancy and look forward to one day doing it again, she likened it to having her body invaded by aliens and wished she could have babies without it. To each their own.

erikadi
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM

It felt weird to me too at first. It then turned into a mixed bag. I liked feeling them because I knew Benny was still active and ok. I did not like feeling them though when I was trying to sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)