Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

small for a 9 month old

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 316 Total Views

i took my daughter to her 9 mnth checkup on valentines day

she weighed 14 almost 15 lbs ,the doc said she was below the lowest percintile on the charts , i hate how they go by "charts"

so they said to add an extra scoop of formula to her bottles ( 3 scoops to 5oz ) she really only drink 2-3 oz at a time but usaually finishes it within the hr before it goes bad , she likes baby food but doesnt eat a whole jar yet

they said they hope shes gained more weight by her 12 mnth apt if not they will go about it from there .. once she starts gettin teeth i think shell gain more because shell be able to eat more things she has one tooth btw

have you had this issue?? . im trying not to stress about it ,shes healthy and happy ,thats what matters

share your stories ..do u have a small baby ?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlliJadesmama
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
No help here my DD was born 10lbs and now at 27 months weights 35 lbs. Maybe it just depends on her metabolism too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Milk has more calories than table foods. Try offering food high in good fats like avocado and sweet potato
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caylin.Momma28
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:03 AM

shes adorable.

my dd at birth was 7lbs 13oz and now at 15 months is like 24lbs!

The_Doodle
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM

My daughter was born early due to IUGR. She has always been small, her height and weight falling in the 5th percentile or even dropping off the charts altogether. Her weight wasn't even ON the charts until she was about 6 months old. Her pediatrician did at one point classify her as failure to thrive at about 18 months old but for the most part they said that as long as she is growing at a curve (i.e., continuously gaining weight at a steady pace) that she was fine. The only thing that they did was 'prescribe' her a Pediasure a day. They helped her gain 2 pounds in 3 months and got her back on the charts and off of the FTT area. She will be 3 in June and only weighs 24 pounds.

slsbwb09
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Quoting Eliots_momma:

Milk has more calories than table foods. Try offering food high in good fats like avocado and sweet potato

ok thanks for letting me know

slsbwb09
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Quoting Caylin.Momma28:

shes adorable.

my dd at birth was 7lbs 13oz and now at 15 months is like 24lbs!

thank you ! aww what a chunkk :)

slsbwb09
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM

what is iugr ? is she doing well now ?

Quoting The_Doodle:

My daughter was born early due to IUGR. She has always been small, her height and weight falling in the 5th percentile or even dropping off the charts altogether. Her weight wasn't even ON the charts until she was about 6 months old. Her pediatrician did at one point classify her as failure to thrive at about 18 months old but for the most part they said that as long as she is growing at a curve (i.e., continuously gaining weight at a steady pace) that she was fine. The only thing that they did was 'prescribe' her a Pediasure a day. They helped her gain 2 pounds in 3 months and got her back on the charts and off of the FTT area. She will be 3 in June and only weighs 24 pounds.

hreynol25
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:34 AM
At my sons 9 month appointment he was 21 lbs. Bump from me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slsbwb09
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Big boy !!

Quoting hreynol25:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hreynol25
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Yes huge! And to think he was only 6lb 9oz at birth lol

Quoting slsbwb09:

Big boy !!

Quoting hreynol25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement