Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

How long

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 83 Total Views
How long can postpartum last? I mean ive had it for 2 weeks and it seems like its gotten worse. Are there any ways to take a little bit away? It feels like its taking a toll on me and my family
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Post partim what? Bleeding? Depression? Baby blues?
Momwithcutebaby
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:35 AM

BUMP!

truckwife
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Depression. Or baby blues
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM

That really depends ..I didnt get the "baby blues " right away ..it all hit me when i was six mounths out and lasted a few months. If you feel that you having a hard time then i would suggest deffenitly talking with your doctor about it. Some moms can shake it alone and other need extra help which is okay too 

truckwife
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Thanks. I mean im only a mom for 3 weeks already and i have everything going against me.
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM

the first few months are rough with just figuring it all out...the sleep schedules and the eating ones how to balancing being you and being a mom. it is stressfull. but you can pull through and if you feel you need help do not hesitate to ask for it 

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Everyone is different. I had a mild case of post partum depression that lasted almost 5 months. I was unaware of PPD at the time, and was actually kind of ashamed that I was going through the difficult time that I was, so I kept quiet about it. It wasn't until much later that I learned not only is PPD extremely common, it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's not a reflection on you as a mother. It doesn't mean you can't do what other moms can. It just means your body is reacting differently than you expected.

There is no harm in talking to your doctor about it and seeking help. Do what you need to do to make sure you can be the best mom you can be for your baby. And we'll be here for you too. Don't hesitate to come to us for anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement