Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Labor?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

I'm not afraid of labor... However I want to know what it's like

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Long and painful lol

here is a link to our birth stories post, it has lots of personal experiences with labor and delivery:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/112025/forums/read/16021094/Birth_Stories?highlight=178365518#post178365518

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM
No matter what you read, nothing prepares you for it. :( it's not called labor for nothing! Mine was very very long and hard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alaskadreams
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It's completely different for everyone.  Don't get me wrong, it hurt-but for me it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  For me it was like really bad cramps.  When it came to pushing- I heard that it would feel like you had to poop.  I had more of a burning sensation.  The worst part for me was when DS's head was out and they were turning him to get his shoulders out.  I felt like I was going to rip forward instead of back.  But It's all worth it. OH! Also do what works for you. I remember they were telling me to push a certain way. Halfway through I realized it wasn't working for me and I wasn't getting anywhere. So I just did what I felt would work. Things went much faster and better.

Claughlin
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Have you hired a doula? They are so much help when it comes to questions about birth and helping you realize that every woman's birth is different. I work as a birth doula and I have had some women say that it wasn't painful just very uncomfortable.
I can say that when the time comes that you feel as if you can't handle it any more then you're close and soon will meet your baby.
Stay away from the negative stories. They do nothing but bring you down and who needs that?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM

No two experiences are exactly the same. Every person and every pregnancy is different. However, it is most common for first time moms to labor 20+ hours. I would recommend doing research on the labor and delivery process from a medical viewpoint (what's going on, what is your body doing, what is baby doing) to decide how you want your experience to be.

erikadi
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM

For me it was tiring and it hurt alot. If you don't want to do the epidural then when it gets to the really hard part sing or say I can do this because at least for me things started to get blurry so doing the focus object thing did not really help me at the time. I did end up getting an epidural, but if that is something you want to do then it can be really helpful and my son was fine after his birth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN