Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Question of the day 3-7

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 112 Total Views

How did your family react when you told them you were pregnant?

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM

My MIL cried, not because she was upset, she cries when she's happy lol.  I was really nervous about telling my parents because it was going to be their first grandchild and I my mom was always saying that she wasn't old enough to be a grandma but she ended up taking the news really well.  She immediately planned a shopping trip to Baby's R Us and started buying stuff lol.

blapier
by Brenda on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:13 PM
My in laws found out the night we found out. My parents it was a little more difficult. Especially my dad. I told them after I found out that I was having girl. My dad I cried while telling him. My mom I just handed her the ultrasound picture and waited lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Very excited! We had been trying a long time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM

So happy! My mom was the first to figure it out (we got them gifts - grandmas got World's Best Grandma t-shirts and grandpas got Proud Grandpa hats), and she literally started screaming! Then we all started jumping around and crying and hugging!

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Happy because I was trying to concieve for years.

mishlerdr24
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM

My side not good until I was about 4 months then they accepted it and once my son was born they fell deeply in love with him!!!!. DF's side more than excited! They were thrilled!!! DF had a bad motorcycle accident 3 years before I meet him and doc told him he had a 15% chance of having kids so everyone thought he would never have kids for 3 years, I proved that Doctor wrong! lol 

ronvot
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Not great but the situation was not ideal. I was 30 and thought I wasn't able to have kids and my ex and I hadn't known each other long. He was a rebound relationship for me and the cracks were already beginning to show between us, so getting pregnant was really the last thing we needed. Still I expected a little excitement from my parents and was disappointed to get something more like shock and lecturing. And my ex's parents, whom I hadn't met at that point, started attacking my character and told him they wouldn't get used to the idea when he told them they were gonna be grandparents. (And then he told me all of what they said which really poisoned the well for me). Guess that was a little foreshadowing to their son cheating on me while pregnant and then walking away from DS and I a week after we left the hospital and now him having practically nothing to do with DS (the grandparents have literally nothing to do with DS). I still wouldn't change a thing though because DS has been the best blessing of my life.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM

That sucks, but I agree - having a baby makes everything else pale in comparison.

Quoting ronvot:

Not great but the situation was not ideal. I was 30 and thought I wasn't able to have kids and my ex and I hadn't known each other long. He was a rebound relationship for me and the cracks were already beginning to show between us, so getting pregnant was really the last thing we needed. Still I expected a little excitement from my parents and was disappointed to get something more like shock and lecturing. And my ex's parents, whom I hadn't met at that point, started attacking my character and told him they wouldn't get used to the idea when he told them they were gonna be grandparents. (And then he told me all of what they said which really poisoned the well for me). Guess that was a little foreshadowing to their son cheating on me while pregnant and then walking away from DS and I a week after we left the hospital and now him having practically nothing to do with DS (the grandparents have literally nothing to do with DS). I still wouldn't change a thing though because DS has been the best blessing of my life.

kitcal78
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My mom knew before me.  I was so busy working two jobs that I didn't even notice I had missed two months worth of periods.  Then one day as I was getting ready for work I happened to glance up at my lady supplies.  Noticed they had not been used.  I check my period tracker pink pad.  It missed periods. 

My mom noticed my mood changes, larger breast and weight gain.  I thought it was stress.  Well before having to go to work my second job my sister went and got a test.  I took nervous then BAM it said literally : Pregnant.  The ultra sound a few days later made it official.

My mom and family were happy for me.  The father well he gave me a choice him or having the baby.  My son just turned a year 02/27.  His father isn't a part of his life. That's okay The Lord wil send me and my son someone to love us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement