Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What To Pack???

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 108 Total Views

I'm 37 almost 38 weeks and have been looking through lists of stuff to take to the hospital. But what will I really need. I've got my lil girls bag packed but not sure what to pack for me and my SO. Any advice on what to bring n what not to would help alot thanks. 

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM

remember to bring phone and camera chargers ...I just wore what the hospital provided underwear and a gown less laundry for me :) but I did pack my tooth brush tooth paste shampoo and body wash stuff like that 

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap, tooth brush, tooth paste, hair brush) The hospital I delivered at did provide me with head to toe baby soap for me to wash with and a tooth brush and tooth paste but I'm picky so I brought my own.

I brought a knit dress to wear at the hospital. An outfit to come home in (another knit dress as there was no way I could put pants on). Wear their underware until its time to come home. I recommend buying some cheap full coverage panties to wear over the few weeks of bleeding so you can just toss them out when the bleeding passes. Cell phone charger and a dice game to pass the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I would check with the hospital to see what they allow. Every book I had told me to bring snacks, but when the time came, turned out patients weren't allowed to eat outside food. Not all hospitals are like that, but our bag would have been lighter if I had known ahead of time NOT to pack the food the books told me I needed!

You won't need diapers, wipes, or pads. The hospital will provide all of that for you, and you might as well take advantage of the free stuff because it's only going to get expensive once you get home.

Based on my experience, I would only bring 1 outfit for you to go home in. I was so sore and still so bloated that I just stayed in my hospital gown the whole time - didn't need panties either because the hospital provides disposable ones to go with the pads. We brought 1 outfit for DD to wear home, she stayed in a blanket the rest of the time, one that we brought (but the hospital will provide one if you want to use it)

If you're prone to cold feet, I'd recommend non-slip slippers that you can just keep on as needed.

I did bring all my toiletries (travel size) for showering and general grooming during  recovery, but baby won't need anything like that.

Other than that, make sure you have chargers, memory cards, and batteries for things like phones and cameras.

My room had a DVD player so I brought a few movies along, but was so tired I wanted the room quiet most of the time, so we ended up not using them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)