Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ultrasound

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

When I went in for my u/s the tech scraped the side of me with the wand.  Could that hurt my baby?  Nothing seems out of ordinary.  My nausea is gone, however.  I do still have the nasty taste in my mouth as well as constantly urinating.  I am worried.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Was it an internal ultrasound? What do you mean by scrape
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mysweetoctbaby
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM

It was an internal ultrasound, yes.  Meaning she hit the side of my uterus with the wand and it hurt so much I cried.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Where were you scraped? On your skin? Where the baby is? How deeply? I don't think it would hurt the baby unless you were bumped VERY hard and you were actually punctured. There's a lot of protection going on between your skin and the baby. But if you are concerned, don't hesitate to call your doctor, that's what they're there for.

For the taste, have you tried adding more acidic foods to your diet? I don't remember the other suggestions I made, but I can look that post up and find out if you need the info.

The constant urinating is SO common. Baby is getting bigger and pushing on your bladder. Not only does that make your bladder capacity smaller, but the constant pressure gives you the sensation of needing to pee. Unfortunately, this won't go away until after baby comes. In fact, it might get worse before it gets better. Thankfully, I didn't need to do this, but I have friends who wore panty liners regularly because they peed so often that laughing or sneezing was enough to make them pee their pants!

mysweetoctbaby
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM

my tummy feels as though it's hardening...  I'm pretty sure I'm okay.  She scraped the inside of my womb, where the baby is.  I'm sure I would have passed the baby and actually seen it if I had miscarried, right?

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like she hit your cervix which which should be closed at this point. And a very sensitive part too. Are you having any bleeding? Of you are worried its okay go call your doctor and get a check up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I agree that it sounds like she got your cervix. If you're still in pain or still worried, give the doctor a call - but it's my uneducated opinion that everything should be ok.

Quoting KelliansMom:

Sounds like she hit your cervix which which should be closed at this point. And a very sensitive part too. Are you having any bleeding? Of you are worried its okay go call your doctor and get a check up.

mysweetoctbaby
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM

The pain is gone.  I just have the occasional cramping that I had earlier...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)