• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question of the day 3-9

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

How did you choose a pediatrician?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
We did an Internet search the day after my son was born. And we got lucky in finding a practice that we love
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

There are only 3 pediatricians here in town that take our insurance so we didn't have many choices to choose from but we ended up going with the same pediatrician dh and I both saw as children.  We really like him for the most part.  My only complaint is that he is very anti extended breastfeeding, so I've just learned keep some aspects of my parenting to myself.

mysweetoctbaby
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM

First I have to have my baby. I'm going to go with someone my mother personally knows.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I live in a big city where we have 2 really good children's hospitals. I called the childrens hospital that was closest to me & asked if they could give me a list of pediatricians that have offices near me that are affiliated with their hospital. I found one right around the corner from me that I like. I did this when I was about 7 months pregnant. I made an appt & also interviewed my pedi when I was pregnant.

Courtney81181
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I asked for recommendations from my friends

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Not much thought went into it, actually. We were still in the hospital, post delivery, and we were asked if we had chosen a pediatrician yet. When we said we hadn't, they gave us a pamphlet of doctors that the hospital personally recommends. It came down to 2 doctors who practiced only 5 minutes from our house, and we chose the female. Thankfully, we ended up liking her. She's not the most amazing doctor ever, but she takes the time to actually see how April's doing and answer any questions. I don't feel hurried in her office.

emilyelephant
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:45 PM

She is the only one in town. She's great with toddlers and school age kids, but not so good with our infant.

blapier
by Brenda on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM
She was my pedi:)
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM
We get whoever tricare says unless we change our plan. My son has had several pediatricians already. But this last one hes had the longest.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)