Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

baby not crawling yet

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 179 Total Views
My Daughter Is 10 Almost 11 Months On April 14Th And Hasn't Started Crawling Yet , But The Reason She Isn't I Think Is Because She Hates Tummy Time She HaS Since Birth Always Cried During It .. She's Very TIny Also 5Lbs 11Oz At Birth 15Lbs Now Docs Say She's Perfectly Healthy Just Petite . HaVe You Experienced This With Your Baby ? When Did They StaRt To Crawl ? She Shows More Interest In Walking Then Crawling But She Isn't Walking Yet I Think She HaS To Gain More Muscle In Her Legs Before She Can Balance Her Weight .. She's A Picky Eater Only Likes Certain Baby Foods .. She LoVes The Yogurt Melts An Arrowroot Cookies For Babies .. Share Your StoRies , Advice Or Opinions Please
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Some babies do skip crawling and go straight to walking.
ronvot
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM
My son crawled at six months but my friend's son pretty much skipped it. Every once in a while he would sort of crawl but only with his arms, he would drag his legs behind him. Very weird to see it. She took him to his doctor and physically he was fine and now at 2 1/2 he walks just fine. We think he just didn't like their hard wood floors. Each kid is different and if your daughter's doctor says she's okay, I wouldn't sweat it :)
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Some babies never crawl and just go straight to walking.  I wouldn't worry yet, babies all develop at different rates.  Both my cousins kids never crawled and didn't walk until almost 18 months and they are both perfectly healthy normal kids.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I agree, it's actually quite common for babies to skip crawling all together. She may just be working on walking instead. Do remember that babies really only work on 1 milestone at a time, so if it's not happening now, something else is in the works.

slsbwb09
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Ok ThanKs Y'all !
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I have a 7 month old baby who still isnt moble at all. She has only rolled a few times & shows no sign of crawling. Her pedi isn't concerned but I worry sometimes. I've heard that some babies will skip crawling & go straight for walking. I think us mom's can't help but worry though.

Mandamom1
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Every baby is different! My dd is trying to crawl now at 7 months but my cousins baby skipped crawling and went straight to walking. I wouldnt worry about it! :-)

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM
My son started crawling between 10 and 11 months. All babies do things at different times and some never crawl.
slsbwb09
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
thanks So Much Everyone For The Positive Advice :) I Believe She Will Become Mobile Soon She's So DetermineD I Was Just Wondering If ANyone HaD Similar Stories :)
erikadi
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Some children do not crawl and go straight to cruising and walking. My son was a late walker. Each child develops differently.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement