Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Choosing an OB/GYN

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 175 Total Views

How did you go about it? Was it the same doctor that your mother went to? What kind of Ob were you looking for? One thats more on the naturel side of things? Did you look at their track record in birth wise like how many c sections and inductions the perform?

BE BOLD check your husbands balls, early detection is the key to saving a life 

NEED TO KNOW FACTS: TESTICULAR CANCER
✔ One man is diagnosed every hour
✔ One man dies everyday
✔ Can strike at any age, however, most common in the 15-35 age range
✔ Number one killing cancer of young men
✔ MOST CURABLE CANCER, When Caught Early!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I wanted a female OB so that narrowed my choices down pretty quick.  There's only 2 female OB's here in town that accept my insurance so I chose the one that seemed to agree with my view on inductions and unnecessary c-sections.  I absolutely did not want to be induced or pressured into a c-section.  In the end I was very happy with my choice, she ended up being an excellent Dr.

Rushn311
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

When I was pregnant with my first, I went with my SIL's obgyn. I didn't like the female but half liked the guy.  I was glad to move away because I didn't feel comfortable with the male anymore after having kids for some odd reason. My SIL loves him. I chose my obgyn because of a friend of mine. she gave me their card. I like that my obgyn is young, and quick. LOL I have a midwife right now for all the baby stuff, but I like her too.

Eliots_momma
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM
At first I went with the ob that my insurance paid for. I really didn't like them so I switched to a midwife that some of friends went to. When we went to meet them I knew I wanted them to deliver my baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I went with a midwife instead. Much safer and healthier for our family.

mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM

First, my mom picked one but not hers LOL long story! IDK I didn't really put much thought into it until I fired my OB at 35 weeks with my 4th and we with the midwives at a different hospital so I could finally have a water birth!

Turtledoves
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Mine was super easy. I first went to see him when I had ovarian cancer. After he managed to save me from that AND was the only OBGYN that was willing to let me keep my reproducive parts, I stayed with him through my pregnancies as he knew what we were dealing with. My mother researched extensively, he was the head of Gyno Surgery at the hospital, owned an amazing midwife practice that my mom used, and had a highly rated office.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I got lucky. All I did was pick a name off a website. It was a list of doctors who accepted our insurance. I did read her credentials and was impressed. But I didn't do interviews or anything. I just booked an appointment. Fell in LOVE with the woman. I actually look forward to my annual visits!

Vertical15
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I ended up having to go to one that would take my insurance.  I live in a big area but apparently there aren't many OB options depending on your insurance!  I finally found a new one that I really like but I went to the same ne for my three boys.  They really tried to push medical practices on me that I was able to say no to thankfully.

HisSweetheart07
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:59 PM
went to the same doctors office I grew up in (which goes from peds to general, to ob/gyn).
powow65
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:24 PM
IMO, women for a OB/GYN.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)