Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Do you like to go shopping at thrift stores or yard sales?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 348 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I love thrift store shopping and yard saleing.  I find so many great deals!  I just found this Tommy Hilfiger dress for dd yesterday at a thrift store for $2 and it looks like it's brand new.  I found the same dress at Macy's for $29. The coolest part is that I have the exact same dress in my size lol so now dd and I have matching outfits.

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I like it but for finding furniture and decor. The thrift stores around here are crazy expensive for used clothing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:42 PM

That is so cute that you're matching!

We tend only to hit up thrift stores when we're Halloween costume hunting. We like to make our own, so we'll shop for various pieces at the different thrift stores. We can usually get all 3 of our costumes for cheaper than 1 store bought one for DD. But we don't really do thrift stores outside of costumes.

I do like to go to yard sales, but our neighborhood - the people literally sell their trash, so it's not very fun. And most of our neighborhoods don't allow it except twice a year on community garage sale days - and it's hard to remember the dates of the various communities.

Barabell
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:06 PM

She looks so cute in the dress!

I don't really take the time to go thrift or yard sale shopping.

blapier
by Brenda on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I absolutely love it!! Most of dd's clothes are used and you can't even tell. They all are in perfect condition and most are name brands. I just can't see spending so much on clothes when they will only fit her for that one season. when she gets older and isn't growing like a weed I'll buy more from stores but I think it's just a lot better for uswhat we are doing now jmo.:)
momofsixangels
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Thrift stores are too high priced but used to go to garage sales every weekend

mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I am spoiled by the amazing prices at the church sale I help out with. I can find certain things at the local thift stores but sometimes it takes a lot of sifting through. I used to go more but it got harder with more and more children lol I do hope to make it to rummage sales, especially seek out the ones with clothing in the sizes we need.

Turtledoves
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I love it! My whole family (my grandparents, uncle, mother, me and my daughter) all go every Saturday in April and May. Since baby/toddler clothes are outgrown so fast, I get them in great condition at the higher end communities. DD is always dressed in great outfits and for only 50 cents a piece! I also buy maternity clothing and toys there too.

Vertical15
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Thats adorable!

I love thrift sales, ard sales, consignment stores and twice yearls consignment events.  I'm addicted.

MamaJane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Great find! And the marching is so cute!

I live yard sales but in just not that great at it.
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Awwww. I love that dress. There are no yard sales & thrift stores in my area but I can drive out of state to a nice consignment shop that I found.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement