Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

How were you fed as a baby?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM
  • 26 Replies
  • 324 Total Views

Do you know if you were breastfed or formula fed?  If you were breastfed, for how long?  Did the way you were fed as a baby play any role in deciding how you would feed your LO(s)?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I was breastfed for 9 months, basically until my mom got pregnant with my sister.  I honestly didn't even know that I was breastfed until after dd was born so it didn't play a role in my decison to breastfeed.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

She tried her hardest with me but my grandmother saw my mom struggling with being a full time student and her husband being underway so she feed me formula and that was the end of her breastfeeding me. But she did breastfeed two of my three siblings till the age of two and a half  and her words of wisdom to me when I stop bf my son were so helpful and help me not feel guilty for quiting so early 

aidensmomma508
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I was breastfed and the way my mom talks about it it did influence me to breastfed too but I think I would've anyways.  I'm not sure how long for, I think like 13 months

momofsixangels
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I was bottle fed. I breast fed mine but had to stop after a few months due to having had a biopsy and it affected my ability to breast feed

MamaJane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I was the only one of the siblings who was breast fed. I was the youngest by 10 years. I lasted a couple of months.

Really, no. My sisters did though. I had 2 nieces and 3 nephews before I had Courtney and they were all breast fed. It's just how it was. There was no question for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM

My mom fomrula fed all four of us.  She said she tried to nurse only me but it didn't work out. 

I nursed all three of mine.

Vertical15
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I don't think her FF us had anything to do with how I fed my children.  I didn't even know she FF until I was already nursing my first.

Lillysmommy0113
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM

my mom BF all 10 of us for a year or so. no i had no clue she BF till after i had my dd. i FF b/c i had problems BF

Barabell
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I was breastfeed. I grew up with my mom expressing that natural was usually better than synthetic, so I'm sure that view in general has influenced me.

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I was breast fed for a few weeks. My switched to formula because I was very colicky and lactose intolerant. I was determined to breast feed longer then she did. I think I made it about as long as she did. We quit bf due to acid reflux and a lactose sensitivity.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN