Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

NATURAL OR EPIDURAL?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM
  • 35 Replies
  • 404 Total Views

ASKING WHAT YOU CHOSE TO DO ,A DRUG FREE DILIVERY OR HAVE AN EPIDUARAL AND WHAT WAS YOUR EXPIRANCE? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I wanted a natural birth so badly but my labor ended up bing really long and intense so I gave in and got an epidural about 30 hours into my labor.  The epidural worked great, I didn't feel any pain at all after I got it.  It gave me a much needed break to rest before delivery.

bchic24
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I wanted a natural birth but being only 22 and never going through delivery before, I ended up letting them scare me into getting an epidural. I hated my experience and the epidural made it to where I couldn't feel when I would get the urge to push. I'm going to use a birthing centre this time and get me natural delivery I wanted before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I used an epidural. I had a good experience with it. They gave me the right dose to where I could feel pressure but absolutely no pain. My son was induced, and I was in a lot of pain. I didn't know until later that the way I was induced can create more painful labor.

ana2013
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM

That is what i am afraid of ,not likeing the epiduaral and loseing the urge to push ... i want a natrual birth i just hope i can handle it .

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I had an epi ...and I will never and I repeat never do that again. I hated not being able to get up and walk around I couldn't feel a darn thing so it took me almost two hours to push my son out and I was progressing so quickly and it slowed down once I got the epi. I also had back pain for a few months after having my son. 

Ethansmommy0213
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I had an epi and I'm really happy that I did. I had the perfect amount where I could still feel my contractions but they didn't hurt. You can ask them to turn the amount up or down if you need to. I think it also helped to keep me calm and able to focus on pushing. Which was really good since while I was pushing my friend, who was holding my leg at the time, had a seizure. Which was really scary but my DS was born born perfectly fine and I wasn't a complete disaster!
mommytobee19
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

heyy :) im 18 and this is my first im going with natural at a birthing center my moms really worried about me because it was sooo hard for her natural when she had her first which was me at the same age too lol but i was pretty scared at first but i got A LOT of opinions and explaining on what it was like i did a bunch of research just explore your options and i reccomend going with a birthing center bc my mom did it natural in a hospital and she said she thinks thats why it was so painful bc she was so stressed out and in a birthing center you get a lot of support and diffrent techniques to ease the pain and relax your self, im going to do a water birth because they say that makes the contractions a lot less painful and relaxes you which helps too they say its just like really strong cramps which may or may not be bad depending on the person, im gonna do that and im a little scared myself but as long as you just trust your body try not to get stressed out have a good support group and just try diffrent things move around walk around i think it will be manageable :) i say good luck to you 

Quoting ana2013:

That is what i am afraid of ,not likeing the epiduaral and loseing the urge to push ... i want a natrual birth i just hope i can handle it .

CafeMom Tickers
937mrsweaver
by Riley's Mom on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:20 PM

to be honest getting an epidural was the worst mistake of my life!!! my son is 7 months and i have the worst back pain of my life from it!! i cry everyday i can barely sit in the floor and play do dishes etc if u can try to do natural lord knows i wish i woulda!

MaryJarrett
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I had one birth of each. Epi was a nightmare. I will never do that again. Even though it was deemed medically necessary, it was the worse part of my child birth experience. I would avoid the risks to myself and my babies at all costs.
momofsixangels
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:24 PM

3 were drug free but not by choice.The epidural never worked and on one it was too late for one

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement