Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

NATURAL OR EPIDURAL?

Posted by   + Show Post

ASKING WHAT YOU CHOSE TO DO ,A DRUG FREE DILIVERY OR HAVE AN EPIDUARAL AND WHAT WAS YOUR EXPIRANCE? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Replies (31-35):
toxictink2009
by Angelina.Lynnette on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Natural. it was very intense. but i wouldnt of changed it for the world. Though becasue my water was broke for 2 days i had to be put on pitocin and that was nearly excrutiating. but like i said id do it natural again in a heartbeat. hopefully nxt time no pitocin =}

Anita1981
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Although I haven't experienced a birth without one, I had an epidural and was happy I did.  Even though I didn't feel the urge to push, the nurses told me exactly when I needed to.  Everyone said the anesthesiologist did a really good job because I could still feel my legs, roll over, etc., but I didn't feel pain.  I haven't had any lingering effects from it, and my son is almost 10 months old.  Perfectly heatlhy and happy.

mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I've never had an epidural. I had stadahl with my first two, pitocin with my 2nd... nothing with the next three... 4th & 5th were waterbirths, water didn't break until 10cm with my 4th and the 5th was born in the caul :)

peanuteb
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I had an epidural and it worked well.  I was very comfortable through labor.  Unfortunately,even though I dialated dd just would not come down.  After 20 hours I had a ceasarean.  It was good to be able to be awake and aware for the delivery.  I was able to move my legs a little that night(she was born at 640pm) and could move them completely by the next morning.  It has been a week since the delivery and my only problem is slight back pain at the injection site where there is a bruise.  It is uncomfortable by the end of the night, but not unbearable.  I would have another epidural without a doubt.

CafeMom Tickers
RitzCrackerz
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I was going for a natural birth and labor was almost painless only time it hurt was when she was pushing to get out. She decided to turn and get stuck but still try to get out. So I decided to try an epi....WILL NEVER happen again. I'd rather go through labor than have a fucking needle in my back again. It was painful, it sucked because I couldn't do anything for myself. Then because of how long I had been in labor the doctor tried everything and still couldn't get her turned around. We had to go in for c-section which turned into an emergency c-section. Took two doctors to get her out according to my husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN