Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Miserable teething baby :(

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 195 Total Views

Ds is 8 months old. And we're dealing with those pesky little teefers. 

He's been crying for over an hour. Screaming at the top of his lungs and I have exhausted all my resources. I just do not know what to do for him. 

I've give him frozen teething rings, frozen bananas, baby orajel, snuggle him, and calmly talk to him. 

I don't know what else to do. I'm at my witts end with the screaming. I literally want to pull my hair out. :( 

ANY ADVICE?!!!!

by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smileydawn
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM

BUMP

smileydawn

Bump

smileydawn

Bump

smileydawn

Bump

smileydawn
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM

For the sake of my sanity... BUMP

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on May. 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Oh no!!!! I remember those days and just going crazy. Unfortunately for me, the only thing that ever worked was a pacifier. And if she refused the pacifier, that was the end. I don't remember what I did in those times. Cry, maybe? LOL. I only did this 2-3 times, but you could try putting him in his crib for just a few minutes while you go in another room to take a breather.

Or if you have a carrier/wrap/sling, etc. perhaps you can put him in there and the two of you can go for a walk while he gnaws on your fingers? I know I did that with DD quite a few times.

Just remember that it will end! Don't give up hope :)

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Does he relax when you go for a walk in the stroller at all? Sounds like you've tried all the teething solutions I can think of, trying to think of ways you might help him get through it while retaining your own sanity...

sara_7106
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I used to give Tylenol or Advil as a last resort. I've also head wonderful things about amber or hazel wood teething necklaces. My friends buy them at Inspired by Finn. Good luck!
anotherhalf
by on May. 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I bought some homeopathic teething tablets I found at the pharmacy.  They seemed to work OK.

MrsRobinson06
by on May. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Teething tablets always worked for us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement