Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Ask the Expert: How to care for baby's teeth and gums SWEEPS WINNER ANNOUNCED

Posted by   + Show Post

Many thanks to our awesome moms for all the wonderful questions!  Click here to read Dr. Gelman's answers!

I'm very pleased to announce that Lillysmommy0113 is the winner of the Target gift card!  Congratulations!

~~~~~~~~~

Whether your baby still has that adorable, gummy smile, or a mouth full of teeth, you're bound to have questions about the best way to keep his teeth and gums healthy (and when you should start).

Our expert is here to help!

Dr. Ruby Gelman is a pediatric dentist in private practice in New York City. She was chosen by Nickelodeon Parents Picks as the best pediatric dentist in New York City for 2009.  Dr. Gelman will be answering YOUR questions on when to  start caring for baby's gums, how often to brush baby's teeth, and more!

One lucky mom who asked a question below will be chosen at random to receive a $50 Target gift card!  

Thanks for joining us, Dr. Gelman.

Giveaway rules:

• The Ask the Expert giveaway starts 6/5/13 at 9 am (ET) and ends 6/12/13 at midnight (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 Target gift card.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 6/30/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Replies (81-82):
SweetLuci
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Thanks Dr Gelman for answering the questions.

goodkitten
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Hello I have a problem... My son is 3 years of age. He is chewing anything he gets his hands on.. Is there anything I can do to get him to stop this behaviour?  When he chews things up he even swalows the peiced he chews off. I took him to his very first dentist visit last week. We were told we were doing a great job with his teeth and that he has no cavities. But I'm starting to worry he will wear off the enamel. I have been reading up on this and found something called chewies. They are for kids with autism to chw on but my child doesnt have autism . Can you please please help me. I just dont know what to do at all.. I feel like I am banging my head against a wall  trying to get him to stop before school starts back up... HELP                                                                                                                                                             .banging head into wall

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN