Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

how long does it take to lose the baby weight?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 31 Replies
  • 2125 Total Views

i just really started working out and eating better all of last month with a couple of cheat days here and there, but haven't lost weight yet.i started at 145 before i got pregnant wanted to lose weight then but couldn't because i found out i was pregnant. my weight was 180 the last week before i gave birth, had a c section week later my weight went down to 156, right now i am at 150 and want to get down to 130. any advise?

i have been doing pilaties,biking,and dancing,and strength traing but can't get past 150. i only workout 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week when i can workout.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SteffM0501
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I don't know, I'll let you know when I get there.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:41 PM

How fast you can loose it really depends on your body.  Some people loose it easier then others.  Keep working out.  30 minutes 5 days a week sounds great, that's about what I do.  Perhaps there is an easy way to cut some extra calories out of your diet.  I think the easiest way to cut calories is to stop drinking anything but water.  Really you have to make sure your burning more calories then your taking in so you can either workout more or make  your workout more intense or cut calories a little bit.  You don't want to loose weight too fast because that's not healthy either a couple  pounds a month is what you want to aim for.  Hang in there, sometimes it just takes a little time.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:47 PM
It took nine months to put it one so give it some time to take it off. Slowly losing the weight is safer. :)
Vertical15
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:50 PM

You mean it will go away?  I'm three years out from having my youngest and still trying to lose it!

Though I've lost most of it through exercise and eating better.  I still have 20 to go from having the three boys and then more from being lazy!

conweis
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I lost 30 and still have 30-40 pounds to lose. He is almost six months

Wish2Be
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:29 PM

breast feeding helped tremendously.

nesia_nesia1
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM

i had my daughter 6 weeks ago and im 5 pounds away from my pre- pregnancy weight. i been working out since i was 4 weeks pp. i wouldnt recomend that, but i refuse to have a pudge. i never had a pudge before i was pregnant and i wasnt going to have one afterwards

Heather101413
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM

It took me 5 months.  I started working out about two weeks after I had her.  I could have lost it faster had I been more disciplined with my diet

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Agreed.

Quoting cabrandy03:

How fast you can loose it really depends on your body.  Some people loose it easier then others.  Keep working out.  30 minutes 5 days a week sounds great, that's about what I do.  Perhaps there is an easy way to cut some extra calories out of your diet.  I think the easiest way to cut calories is to stop drinking anything but water.  Really you have to make sure your burning more calories then your taking in so you can either workout more or make  your workout more intense or cut calories a little bit.  You don't want to loose weight too fast because that's not healthy either a couple  pounds a month is what you want to aim for.  Hang in there, sometimes it just takes a little time.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM

My first child I did not breast feed and it took 18 months and the next I did breastfeed and it took about 6 months.  The last one I still havent lost it and he is 3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN