Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

PSA: Little Mermaid

Posted by   + Show Post

I posted this in the introduction post for today, but realized afterward that it was buried on page 31, so thought I'd give this it's own post:

In case anyone is interested, The Little Mermaid is being released from the Disney vault on October 1! This was my favorite Disney movie when I was a kid and I'm looking forward to sharing it with my little one. I pre-ordered my copy at Barnes and Noble today, and it will be shipped to my home (with my member discount, express shipping was free and I got the Blu-Ray and digital copy edition for about $33).

Just thought I'd share!

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
hapababies
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I have the original cover to the video, you know the one with the phallic symbol in the background? 

Quoting texasmama44:

oh, no worries, me too! Probably was my favorite because it was one of the first I saw, before Beauty and the Beast, before Aladdin, and before Lion King :-)

Quoting hapababies:

I have the original VHS, from when I watched it over and over again when I was a pre teen. Yeah, I'm that old, lol

Vertical15
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Aw!  Maybe I'll get it, too!  I loved the Little Mermaid!  I have three boys so not sure if they will like it or not.

batjmom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:53 AM
That's a good movie to have
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:52 AM

This was my favorite as a kid too. I named my box turtle Sebastion after the crab when I was a kid & it's funny because I still have that box turtle 20 years later. lol.

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:53 AM

TFS! I love this movie

Barabell
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I love The Little Mermaid. Thanks for sharing!

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Thanks for sharing!

texasmama44
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Quoting hapababies:

I have the original cover to the video, you know the one with the phallic symbol in the background? 

I do know which one you're talking about, I had that one too. I did consider that when buying the movie because Disney movies from that time are infamous for their hidden sexual innuendos, but I figured by the time my kids are old enough to notice things like that, well, they will probably have already been exposed to things like that. It didn't ruin me!

Do you know if they've gotten rid of those things for the DVD releases?

hapababies
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:44 PM

They got rid of the phallis in the background as soon as the public noticed.  A friend of mine got the vhs a couple of months after I did and her cover didn't have it.  I had another friend who had the poster of the cover and it did have the phallis.

Quoting texasmama44:

Quoting hapababies:

I do know which one you're talking about, I had that one too. I did consider that when buying the movie because Disney movies from that time are infamous for their hidden sexual innuendos, but I figured by the time my kids are old enough to notice things like that, well, they will probably have already been exposed to things like that. It didn't ruin me!

Do you know if they've gotten rid of those things for the DVD releases?

SweetLuci
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM
tks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN