Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

What are some of the best ways you’ve found to ease your baby's teething discomfort?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 211 Replies
  • 36107 Total Views
1 mom liked this

We sent moms a gift card to purchase Baby Orajel Naturals for their teething baby and asked them to talk about their experience here. See what they had to say ~

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
k9l1c5

Some of the best ways I have found to help my dd with her teething pain, is frozen washcloths and cool teethers. Once in awhile I would have to break down and give her a pain relief medicine because she was that cranky from the teething. I didn't trust most of the OTC teething medications. I loved the Baby Orajel Naturals. It soothes my baby and I can rest easy that the ingredients are natural. The Baby Orajel Naturals calmed my dd right away when she was fussy from teething.

MrsRobinson06

One of the best ways I have found is to get an ice cold washcloth to let the baby chew on. The cold numbs the gums a little. I have now experienced Baby Orajel Naturals and it is great! I purchased the teething tablets and they dissolved instantly and provided instant relief to my infant. My baby seemed to be so much happier after using Baby Orajel Naturals and I am very happy that we have tried this product.

xixCandyxix
1 mom liked this

I felt that letting my baby chew on a frozen wash cloth, or using regular baby orajel, worked much better thaan using baby orajel naturals. My baby didn't mind orajel naturals but it didn't seem as effective as full strength baby orajel.

lydias_mommy12
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
My baby doesn't like using teethers so the Orajel Naturals products are great for us. I like that they are natural and don't have harmful additives and baby likes the taste and her gums don't hurt anymore.
wood1980
1 mom liked this

we have never tried any teething medications before so this was the first time using anything. The only other things we have tried was cold teething toys.

Baby Oragel naturals seemed to help but it only seemed to last for about 10-15 minutes.

My baby seemed to like it

IncognitoOne
1 mom liked this

I had used a different brand of teething tablets with my oldest two children because I never cared for the gels, and I had no clue Orajel made them. I'm excited now :) Christlynn is 9 months old, and we're just now starting the teething adventure with her. She loves cold, wet, washcloths to chew on. Along with big spoons and traditional baby teething toys. She also chews on her pacifier and bottle nipples.

I ran out and got the Baby Orajel Naturals teething tablets last night and they worked great. She was her happy and smiling self after using them. They started working quickly, and were effective.

When I first put a tablet under her tongue, she made a bad face and started trying to spit it out. I'm pretty sure it was just a reaction to something new, because when I put the second one under, she accepted it with no problems, same with every other time I have used them since.

HisAngel91
1 mom liked this
We found using a toothbrush worked great. Orajel natural worked for my son. Not my daughter. He was ok with it. He doesnt like it when we mess with his teeth at all.
Arib107
by Alexis on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Their are several ways i ease my daughters teething pain, one of which is her Baltic amber teething necklace & a cold wet wash cloth for her to chew on, these are her top choices for pain. I really like the baby orajel naturals teething pills that i put under her tongue & she seems so much calmer after I do so.
The baby orajel naturals teething gel seem very watery & didn't seem to help her discomfort as much As the tablets did , but My daughter loves the baby orajel teething tablets she even smacks her lips after I give them to her therefore I love them too!!
MIA0223
I have a baby tooth brush that slips over my finger, I massge his gums with that. And use frozen teethers.

The Baby Oragel Naturals seemed to work well. I tried the tablets and he thought he was getting a treat since we recently had to stop solids, he was happy to have something in his mouth. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Shay on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM

LETTING DD CHEW ON A TEETHING RING AND NURSE WAS THE BEST WAY I HELPED EASE HER TEETHING DISCOMFORT. ORAJEL NATURALS SEEM TO WORK PRETTY WELL, IVE ALWAYS LOVED THE ORAJEL PRODUCTS. I COULDNT REALLY TELL A DIFFERENCE IN THIS THAN THE REGULAR BUT I LIKE THAT THIS IS NATURAL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
I have 8 kids. My 7th is 22 months old and teething. My you gets is 5 months, but shouldn't start teething for another 6-12 months, going by her previous 7 siblings. I've tried lots of different methods of pain relief when teething. Thus far, amber teething necklaces actually work best for us. I've not tried Orajel for many years, but am going to give the naturals line a try when Jacob's bottom molars start to cut through.
Ixrockxpink
We use frozen wash cloths, and frozen tethers( those seem to work the best for us).

Oragel Naturals tablets don't work as well as others I have tried. They worked for a little while but then he was in a lot of pain again.

Lennon seemed to like the taste of them but it didnt help his pain for long.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN