Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

6 month doctors visit.

Posted by   + Show Post
Today my dd had her 6month check up, she will be 6 months tomorrow, and they check her weight, length, blood pressure and measure her head. Then doctor comes in and says since she is not technically 6 months she can't have her shots done today. So I really didn't mind because since she's been on this medicine I like that she gets checked up regularly. So she weighted in just under her weight as last month but heart rate and blood pressure are good.
So what did your LO weigh at 6 months?
An if you exclusively bf and the weight was on the lower side what did you do to help bump up her weight?
I had been worried that I haven't been producing enough breast milk and with her weight being under than last month kind of makes me feel that I may not be giving my baby what she needs to stay healthy and grow.
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Replies (21-21):
Barabell
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Honestly, if the doctor isn't worried, I think your daughter is fine. I don't think 14 lbs is unusual for 6 mos old. From how you describe her actions, it really sounds like she's getting enough to eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement